British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague/Nice Polska promotion/relegation play-offs Sunday October 13th live on TV

On 10/6/2019 at 4:48 PM, racers and royals said:

Lodz have kept their Nice Polska league status by winning 45-42 in Poznan this afternoon.

A group of us went along to this and the meeting had a bit of everything.

• Delayed start by over 45 mins due to more grading being required.
  • Difficult track conditions in the first few races, resulting in 2 riders falling separately in heat 2 and one being 'not under power' resulting in the 3-0
  • Some decent passing in a few races
  • A good sized crowd, a lot of which left at heat 13  
  • Some scary crashes and wild riding at times
  • Home junior Curzytek would be GP standard if there were half lap races

Despite the aggregate score getting close on occasions I didn't think there was ever much danger of Lodz not having the upper hand and when Jeleniewski (who looked a complete novice in his first ride) started scoring they were always going to have enough. Drodz tried hard but didn't perform like a number 1 against strong away heat-leaders. Huckenbeck was very competitive and justified his 'late' inclusion at the expense of Hans Andersen.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rico said:

A group of us went along to this and the meeting had a bit of everything.

• Delayed start by over 45 mins due to more grading being required.
  • Difficult track conditions in the first few races, resulting in 2 riders falling separately in heat 2 and one being 'not under power' resulting in the 3-0
  • Some decent passing in a few races
  • A good sized crowd, a lot of which left at heat 13  
  • Some scary crashes and wild riding at times
  • Home junior Curzytek would be GP standard if there were half lap races

Despite the aggregate score getting close on occasions I didn't think there was ever much danger of Lodz not having the upper hand and when Jeleniewski (who looked a complete novice in his first ride) started scoring they were always going to have enough. Drodz tried hard but didn't perform like a number 1 against strong away heat-leaders. Huckenbeck was very competitive and justified his 'late' inclusion at the expense of Hans Andersen.

So Hans missed out on Zlata Prilba having been called in by his Polish team quite late in the week to be dropped an hour before the meeting?

Because thats what I understood from the CZ broadcast from Pardubice... :rofl:

11 hours ago, racers and royals said:

If you are not interested- fine !! a lot of UK fans are and in my opinion the good far out-ways  the bad.

Apologies, in future I will tow the party line. Your opinion will also be mine.

16 hours ago, topsoil said:

Apologies, in future I will tow the party line. Your opinion will also be mine.

No, you've had your opinion opposed by expert opinion. It happens. Just avoid watching Polish racing and leave the rest of us to enjoy it. Why spoil it for others? 

Yes, you have the right to an opinion but using that allows others to use their equal right to oppose you. R&R does exceptional work to keep this group fully informed on what is coming up in Poland, what matches are on TV and where and how to watch them.

His efforts do not deserve your childish, petulant sarcasm. There is no requirement to TOE any party line and it is deeply insulting to suggest that we are so feeble in character not to have our own points of view.

You have yours. We have the right to find it foolish and ill-informed. Given the quality of your opinion and response to criticism it might be best all round if you just kept it to yourself.

Why try to spoil the enjoyment of others? Does it make you feel clever or important? 

Anyway, back to the speedway. I've just caught up with the relegation play-off. Given the huge difference in team-building standards between the top and middle tiers there was little chance of getting a competitive match. Despite this Klindt and Walasek made it interesting to see what points they could take off the mighty Gorzow. It does show what a great season Klindt has had. It was disappointing to see Sam Masters so far off the Ekstraliga pace. 

The fact that Poland have this fixture shows they don't always get it right over there, although the closer standards between middle and lower tiers do make their relegation play-offs rather more competitive. 

Still, it gave the Gorzow fans there a chance to welcome home their new World Champion. I've seen worse speedway meetings (*cough* One Sport Best Pairs *cough*)

17 hours ago, RobMcCaffery said:

No, you've had your opinion opposed by expert opinion. It happens. Just avoid watching Polish racing and leave the rest of us to enjoy it. Why spoil it for others? 

Yes, you have the right to an opinion but using that allows others to use their equal right to oppose you. R&R does exceptional work to keep this group fully informed on what is coming up in Poland, what matches are on TV and where and how to watch them.

His efforts do not deserve your childish, petulant sarcasm. There is no requirement to TOE any party line and it is deeply insulting to suggest that we are so feeble in character not to have our own points of view.

You have yours. We have the right to find it foolish and ill-informed. Given the quality of your opinion and response to criticism it might be best all round if you just kept it to yourself.

Why try to spoil the enjoyment of others? Does it make you feel clever or important? 

I bow to your expertise. 

Ostrow v Gorzow teams for Sunday N Sport  4pm UK time   http://www.maniak.tv/mk7   and http://www.drhtv.com.pl/drhtv-2.html

Arged Malesa TŻ Ostrovia
9. Nicolai Klindt
10. Aleksandr Łoktajew
11. Tomasz Gapiński
12. Sam Masters
13. Grzegorz Walasek
14. Sebastian Szostak
15. Marcin Kościelski

truly.work Stal Gorzów
1. Szymon Woźniak
2. Peter Kildemand
3. Krzysztof Kasprzak
4. Anders Thomsen
5. Bartosz Zmarzlik
6. Rafał Karczmarz
7. Mateusz Bartkowiak

Edited by racers and royals

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Lovely day in Ostrow- not sure the stadium capacity- less than 6000 tickets left for sale

It's 12k capacity.

Neither stream seems to be working.

edit. Maniac now working.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

8 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Just caught up and watched Ostrow v Gorzow- what a cracking racetrack Ostrow is. Despite the gulf in class between the teams there were some excellent races i thought.

Just watched this one a very decent meeting, any other recommendations R&R