British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

2019 season starts and ....

March 15, season starts and BSF has more comments on non-speedway matters than speedway.

Not sure what that tells us a) about the state of speedway and b) state of country.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

March 15, season starts and BSF has more comments on non-speedway matters than speedway.

Not sure what that tells us a) about the state of speedway and b) state of country.

Yes never mind if God exists, does any interest in speedway still exist?

• Haha 2

2019 season starts and ....still nothing from the SCB on the outcome of their full investigation surrounding the cancellation of the Eastbourne v Mildenhall match last October.

"The SCB are very disappointed with this outcome, and the circumstances of Mildenhall failure to raise a team for this National Development League fixture.
Due to this cancellation the SCB will be making a full investigation in to this matter."

Why should I bother having any faith is this organisation or belief in what they say ?

14 minutes ago, woofers said:

2019 season starts and ....still nothing from the SCB on the outcome of their full investigation surrounding the cancellation of the Eastbourne v Mildenhall match last October.

"The SCB are very disappointed with this outcome, and the circumstances of Mildenhall failure to raise a team for this National Development League fixture.
Due to this cancellation the SCB will be making a full investigation in to this matter."

Why should I bother having any faith is this organisation or belief in what they say ?

I can't help feeling that the below addition to the regulations for 2019 have been added due to the end of season shenanigans?  

"In the NDL, only a rider who is 18 years old and under may be absent for any reason providing 3 days notice is given."

What happens if he gives three days notice one day before his eighteenth birthday. :D

48 minutes ago, ouch said:

What happens if he gives three days notice one day before his eighteenth birthday. :D

Nothing happens.. he is OK until he is 19.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

The state of the country and the economy are probably more important to most people at the moment. 

Speaking personally, I can't wait for it to start. First meeting Redcar v Newcastle 29 March  (almost always first on my calendar for the year -  good racing, good atmosphere and good friends from both camps). 

I am fortunate that I live in a place where - I would say - the best two racing tracks in the country (Belle Vue & Scunthorpe) are easily within reasonable distance. Throw in Redcar, Sheffield and a couple of returns to the apparently much improved Stoke and trips to the north east, the Wight Warriors and the south west and, touch wood, I'll enjoy my speedway this season almost as much as ever (the only downside being no visits to the Wild West :().

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 12:51 PM, arnieg said:

Yes never mind if God exists, does any interest in speedway still exist?

If you have lost interest, it really is time to panic :D

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 2:06 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

I can't help feeling that the below addition to the regulations for 2019 have been added due to the end of season shenanigans?  

"In the NDL, only a rider who is 18 years old and under may be absent for any reason providing 3 days notice is given."

I think you are dead right. 

I also think that while there were some reasons to believe that Mildenhall couldn't raise a team that day the attempt to close this loop hole for riding absences is overdue.

Basically, riders could opt out of a meeting for pretty much any reason and teams could get in guests to replace them. That's not on. 

• Like 2