British Speedway Forum
rogero

BT live Speedway coverage?

5 hours ago, Bluenose said:

BT TV MATCHES

Just found these on the BT SPORT page.

Monday 6th May  Swindon v Peterborough BT SPORT 2

20th            Ipswich v Wolverhampton       ,,        1

None advertised for June yet.........................

Cheers for that. Interesting to see they are showing the qualifying for the first Grand Prix on Friday 17th May.

ALSO ......... The 2019 action will begin on Saturday, May 4 with Race Off 1 of the Monster Energy FIM Speedway of Nations.  BT SPORT 3

And     Saturday 11th may ,FIM Speedway of Nations - Race-Off 2FIM Speedway of Nations 19:0 bt-sport-1-136426966943002601-1805101127
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BT Sport will remain the home of the FIM Speedway World Championships presented by Monster Energy in the UK and Ireland for the next three seasons.

The broadcaster will continue to show every round of the FIM Speedway Grand Prix series and Monster Energy FIM Speedway of Nations up to and including the 2021 season after reaching a new agreement with rights holders BSI Speedway – an IMG company.

While it is good to see there will be some TV coverage of British speedway this year it's a pity that it's on BT with the extra cost this entails. While I'm not against this wouldn't it be possible to have a weekly highlights show which covers news from all the British tracks, on freeview either on freesports which already shows polish speedway or ITV4 .So giving those how can't (or won't )pay for BT the chance to see what is happening 

2 minutes ago, hulvik said:

While it is good to see there will be some TV coverage of British speedway this year it's a pity that it's on BT with the extra cost this entails. While I'm not against this wouldn't it be possible to have a weekly highlights show which covers news from all the British tracks, on freeview either on freesports which already shows polish speedway or ITV4 .So giving those how can't (or won't )pay for BT the chance to see what is happening 

Don't think freesports are showing live polish speedway this season just Swedish, im sure I read about this on another thread.

24 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

Does anyone know if any Speedway is being shown on Premier Sport this season ??

Just Swedish league I believe. Meetings will be split between Premier Sports and Freesports...

Only my opinion. I watch every Swedish speedway match on freesport and every home meeting at the NSS but despite all the big name riders in the Swedish league the racing in most of the meetings I see is not a patch on the racing i see at the NSS with so called lesser riders.Is it just me or does anyone agree ?.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

Many thanks for info Wanted to know if it was worth having it installed.

Don`t touch them with a barge pole !! far better off subscribing to the Swedish league streaming service which i have done for a 2nd year. 

see thread 

32 minutes ago, B.V 72 said:

Only my opinion. I watch every Swedish speedway match on freesport and every home meeting at the NSS but despite all the big name riders in the Swedish league the racing in most of the meetings I see is not a patch on the racing i see at the NSS with so called lesser riders.Is it just me or does anyone agree ?.

I agree with you.You can have lesser like riders if they are pretty much at the same level as each other you will get good racing.Especially at the NSS which is a superb racetrack.

1 hour ago, B.V 72 said:

True have to agree  I find the swedish league is very boring.

1 hour ago, B.V 72 said:

I agree !   don`t  think its about big names as some seem  to think on here    I`ve watched a few Swedish meetings and found them to be no better than the stuff served up here. 

Woffinden said last year he does Sweden as it’s a bit of fun with no pressure compared to Poland. It shows in the racing which is not intense.

all the good stuffs on B.T .sport . stick your sky contract where the sun dont shine !