British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steve19620

Season 1979 queries.

Can anybody help with the following queries arising my research into the 1979 season please?. The first is Poole v Swindon BL meeting on 25 July - does Neil Middleditch finish ahead of Danny Kennedy in heat 3 or 5 ? as the heat results are incorrect in the Speedway star. The same type of query arises in the NL meeting between Berwick and Nottingham on 18 August. Does Craig Featherby finish ahead of Nigel Wasley in heat 3 or 10 ? Does anybody have a marked programme to confirm ? Thanks for reading.

Wow... Reading this gave me a really weird feeling. 1979 doesn't seem that long ago to me, but of the four riders you mentioned, Middlo is the only one still with us.

Really sad and thought-provoking...

Steve

Yes I was thinking about this when posting  - particularly Craig Featherby and Nigel Wasley who were both killed on the track. Sad about Danny Kennedy who was impressive on both occasions when I saw him as an Weymouth Wildcat.