British Speedway Forum
Sp33dwayg4l

Prague/Torun GP 2019 - which one to attend???

Help! Looking at getting my partner tix for a GP this year... considering Prague/Torun. We did Warsaw last year and loved it. Any recommendations? If Torun, do you recommend flying to Bydgoszcz? 

Thanks in advance. 

3 hours ago, Sp33dwayg4l said:

Help! Looking at getting my partner tix for a GP this year... considering Prague/Torun. We did Warsaw last year and loved it. Any recommendations? If Torun, do you recommend flying to Bydgoszcz? 

Thanks in advance. 

Torun every time if a choice- see the World champion crowned(hopefully not won by then) I wouldn`t hang about buying the tickets been on sale a little while https://kstorun.kupbilety.pl/ Bydgoszcz is certainly the nearest airport.

Prague is a fantastic city if you decide to go there- tickets also have been on sale awhile.

Edited by racers and royals

23 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Torun every time if a choice- see the World champion crowned(hopefully not won by then) I wouldn`t hang about buying the tickets been on sale a little while https://kstorun.kupbilety.pl/ Bydgoszcz is certainly the nearest airport.

Prague is a fantastic city if you decide to go there- tickets also have been on sale awhile.

EASY run, all motorway, from Gdansk to Torun

I went to Prague on a weekend break.   It is a gorgeous city especially around the main Old Square full of restaurants and bars.  Its expensive in the square but go one road off the square to find prices two thirds cheaper.    Pick pockets are everywhere and they have no shame.   Keep your hand on your wallet.  Apart from those pests its worth the visit.

• Like 1

IMO Torun stadium track 1st class, Prag track 2nd class,  city overcrowded, would not recommend in summer, on in wintertime

22 minutes ago, Navigator1900 said:

IMO Torun stadium track 1st class, Prag track 2nd class,  city overcrowded, would not recommend in summer, on in wintertime

Fancy that, a capital city over crowded in the summer.

For an all round good weekend Prague is hard to beat, if you are going for SGP and SGP alone then go for Torun, great stadium and the racing very rarely disappoint.

Thanks everyone, went with Torun - flying to Gdansk so will get a day there. Would still like to visit Prague as have never been to the city. 

On 3/22/2019 at 4:29 PM, topaz325 said:

Never been to Prague but recommend Torun, trying Warsaw this year.

Thank you - Warsaw was great, it's such a lovely city and the atmosphere was electric. There are loads of pop up river bars that I'd recommend to visit. We stayed in the old town. 

• Like 1