British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Barrow Boy 2

Ipswich V Leicester Challenge 28.03.19

Leicester have brought in Rory Schlein as their number 8 for this fixture. He is going to take one each of 4 rider's rides.

Even the Witches fans will need a sat nav to find Foxhall as it has been sooooo long since the last meeting :P

Looking forward too it. Good test of equipment and shake off any last cobwebs

Hope Cam comes through it fully fit.

A shame KP is missing again. He was the one that surely needed that extra track time most......

A nice win and a few good scraps will do for me (thats on the track messrs Worrall and Lawson ;))

• Like 2

Should be interesting to see who's rides Rory replaces, I know it's only a challenge so should be fun and I would imagine it could be quite a close meeting. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

Should be interesting to see who's rides Rory replaces, I know it's only a challenge so should be fun and I would imagine it could be quite a close meeting. 

I think you’re right! Got to expect Rory to picking up 10+ so that’s a significant swing!

agree with taps very disappointing no KP as he surely could do with a practise meeting but hey ho

Think it's Poland related Baldy, that's the impression we got at the meet the riders night. 

Shame as he could do with the laps,, I wasn't at p and p, so hopefully he mastered it then, he is meant to be exciting to watch.    I guess I will see you.guys normal spot tomorrow night :t:

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 3

Yet another example of why this sport cannot be taken seriously is the introduction of Schlein for this meeting. Nothing against Rory, but why? This is a challenge match supposedly set up for riders to get laps under their belt before the serious business starts, but we bring in a guest (ignore the the No.8 cover up) to try and avoid losing face at the expense of rides for our own team members. Regardless of the incoming rider's ability, how would you feel if you were being replaced in a race at this stage of the season by an outsider? Nice too that the Lions will be paying for Rory to deprive their own riders of laps. Win, lose or draw the outcome will be forgotten by the weekend so what is the point?

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Yet another example of why this sport cannot be taken seriously is the introduction of Schlein for this meeting. Nothing against Rory, but why? This is a challenge match supposedly set up for riders to get laps under their belt before the serious business starts, but we bring in a guest (ignore the the No.8 cover up) to try and avoid losing face at the expense of rides for our own team members. Regardless of the incoming rider's ability, how would you feel if you were being replaced in a race at this stage of the season by an outsider? Nice too that the Lions will be paying for Rory to deprive their own riders of laps. Win, lose or draw the outcome will be forgotten by the weekend so what is the point?

Hit the nail on the head there,its just laughable,and even more so to new fans if they went...

10 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

I see where you are coming from. But if all Ippo's Lions riders get at least  3 rides and it attracts an extra 150 fans (  £1,500- £2000) , because  the meeting will be close, plus a few  Lions fans might make the trip.,. I'm sure any Ippo rider could do 4 laps after the meeting if they think they need it. Every track needs as much income as they can get to survive.

Cheers Speedy :blink:

Edited by Bald Bloke

Uhh, it's Leicester with 8 riders not Ipswich! 

• Like 1

Sounds like a master plan for 2020. Bluster will probably own the whole league by then, so it won't need to be voted on.

Did anyone who went to p and p notice the positive camber working well?  Or do we have to wait until Harris misses the gate to see its full effect?