British Speedway Forum
TigerAl

Sheffield Vs Scunthorpe CS 31/03/2019

Start of the new season. How do we see this one going? Can only see a home win but Scunny have a few who go well around Owlerton and Sheffield will have a number making their home team debuts, notwithstanding the Steel City Cup outing they all took part in last Sunday.

A lot will depend on what the track is like,make it slick like last week and we might struggle and racing will be poor ,prepare it grippy and we should get some good racing and I would expect a good home win.If there's any new steelers fans attending and racing is boring then all the time and effort our promotors have put in will have been a waste of time.Lets hope for a good home win with some decent racing.

1 hour ago, Charlieboy said:

A lot will depend on what the track is like,make it slick like last week and we might struggle and racing will be poor ,prepare it grippy and we should get some good racing and I would expect a good home win.If there's any new steelers fans attending and racing is boring then all the time and effort our promotors have put in will have been a waste of time.Lets hope for a good home win with some decent racing.

If any newbys came last Sunday there was nothing to make them want to come back this week! Can't see it being any better this week to be honest, unless they do some real different track prep.

sundays are a pig for me to attend anyway but would probably have made this one.in all honesty though I cant risk my hard earned money on admission for 2 on the premiss that the track might be o.k and that the racing might be exciting.if it is them its my loss but cant take the chance.the time to have got it right was last week especially when new supporters are being sought.

3 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

We have riders that like a bit of dirt on the track so this is how it should be prepared to give decent racing & entertainment but it could lead to a result with not more than 10 points in it. Make it slick & you will have a bore fest which will not bring back the newbies from the Steelers.

Is bend 1 now unusable for spectators due to the building of the new suite?

First bend out of bounds for most of season I think.I don't mind us winning by 10 points as long as it's not as boring as last Sunday's meeting.If the track is like that every week the crowds will drop off and I can't see the riders been too happy either.

Going by Simon Stead Twitter page there looks like a lot of dirt been put on today, it needed it, also been told that 30 tonne of clay been delivered 

Can't see this being anything other than a 20 pt home win, the only riders of Scunny who have had a spin have rode poorly or had mechanical issues.

Just hoping I am proved wrong but can't see it.

Hope I'm Wrong but having seen the racecard I honestly can't see where Scunthorpe may get a heat advantage. They may get some race winners but I honestly can't see were a 4-2 or 5-1 in the Scorpions favour (minus falls and retirements) are going to come from.

Can only see Sheffield ironing Scunthorpe in this one. Can't wait to see flying Aussie Zaine Kennedy getting among it again.

Can see Sheffield winning the league, Drew Kemp is going to put 2-3 points on his average and the rest of the team looks solid.

Sheffield to win this by 20+  

18 hours ago, Adrian Brownell said:

Proctor pulled out of berwick meet tonight after 2 rides  hope our injurys havent started early

Don’t worry, he just turned up and made 0 effort