British Speedway Forum
TigerAl

Sheffield Vs Scunthorpe CS 31/03/2019

Decent first home meeting in the shield . Good win against a spirited Scunthorpe team who had 8 heat winners to our 7. The special K s were good value. King Kennedy and Kemp Better racing than last week on a race track . Think we will get better with more meetings.Kemp and Kennedy were really good on their debuts and it shouldn't make too much difference when they swap positions.Great start to the campaign and once Andersson and Proctor get their partnership together we should be formidable.. Score line should have been bigger but for our bad luck but a win is a win.Well done to all the team. Great interviews in the bar after which is a good idea .

• Like 1

A win is a win, I was surprised that Scunthorpe managed to run us as close as they did. I agree there were some gremlins and few poor starts which contributed to this result. 

an enjoyable meeting in front of what looked like a decent crowd,Owlerton will be very impressive once the renovations are complete

Sheffield got there noses in front and never really looked troubled but Scunny battled away to the keep the scoreline close and interesting

to much bloody track grading tho and why we needed an interval at a Speedway meeting i will never know

Bad luck happened to both teams so, I think, it evened itself out. A fair result in the end.

Don't know when the averages are due to be updated but after yesterdays meeting think they should change the riding order, swap Kennedy and Andersen and Howarth and Proctor.

Think Jake Allen was good, especially after his tumble in heat 4, but Drew Kemp definitely was 'Rider of the meeting'. Can only see him improving as he gets more track time at home, and is quickly becoming a fans favourite. Really put in the effort and got the crowd going in heat 5 with his tussle with Stefan Nielsen (top marks to him for staying on his bike when Drew pushed under him on the 3rd bend). Whilst on about heat 5 think Proctor needs some anger management counselling before things really get out of hand!  

Edited by Steve55

don't really know why a lot of people wouldn't think that this would be fairly close.scunny have garrity,auty and allen who can all ride owlerton and in fact was a good job garrity and auty didn't weigh in with a few more or it could have been a whole lot different.

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:45 AM, Mike.Butler said:

well it was over by 8.00...don't think 2 hours is excessive..

not too excessive,but when its cold in early season and late season it gets a bit when there has already been delays between races,i cannot see why we have an interval and if so why have it so late in the meeting,the opposing number 2 has already had his allotted rides,so could be halfway home when heat 16 is finishing. also the tannoy system was better on the 3rd/4th bends for the first meeting but for the scunny fixture was back to last seasons fayre,this only applies to the roving mic.

p.s. scunny don't have an interval, just a speedy presentation. 

We're all halfway home when heat 16 is finishing!! :D

2 hours ago, romans lovechild said:

not too excessive,but when its cold in early season and late season it gets a bit when there has already been delays between races,i cannot see why we have an interval and if so why have it so late in the meeting,the opposing number 2 has already had his allotted rides,so could be halfway home when heat 16 is finishing. also the tannoy system was better on the 3rd/4th bends for the first meeting but for the scunny fixture was back to last seasons fayre,this only applies to the roving mic.

8 hours ago, romans lovechild said:

p.s. scunny don't have an interval, just a speedy presentation. 

We've discussed this before amongst our group. We presume it's to allow people to make most of the facilities and may be a requirement with the stadium.

Edited by spin king junior