British Speedway Forum
singy13

Derwent Park..update on Town RL forum

4 hours ago, Piotr Pyszny said:

Since 2008, I doubt I've attended more than 10 meetings.

You are one of those people responsible for the drop in attendances then arent you !  :rolleyes:

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

You are one of those people responsible for the drop in attendances then arent you !  :rolleyes:

Oh, I am. Like thousands of others since the early 1980s, I stopped attending meetings because I felt speedway no longer represented value for money. I put my disposable income into other, less amateurish sports.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

Speedway has its problems, don't really think anyone on a speedway forum needs you to spell it out 1.  What do you get out of posting on here anyway ? go wield your inflammatory pen on a forum of the more professional sports you purport to watch.  

:D

On 4/9/2019 at 1:22 PM, Piotr Pyszny said:

Oh, I am. Like thousands of others since the early 1980s, I stopped attending meetings because I felt speedway no longer represented value for money. I put my disposable income into other, less amateurish sports.

So can I ask why on earth are you still taking part in a speedway forum ? 

you mean something like premiership football where they all fall over as if they had been shot . yea , proper pros !

A company that Laura had a 50% stake in has just been wound up by the High Court over an unpaid tax bill owed to HMRC of >£300k

• Confused 1

Oh, I am. Like thousands of others since the early 1980s,

He is clearly in the majority regarding speedway non attendees......A laal town like Workington had a high percentage pro rata re population who used to follow the Comets, I base this on the comments re Belle Vue on Wednesday.

Because I was just amazed to read on the Premiership area of this forum stuff regarding Belle Vue attendances....it seems only around 700/800 turned up on Wednesday night...an obvious clash with local top soccer match would have certainly affected that figure. But what really astounded me was a guy writing "we didn't manage our usual 1800".....blimey usual 1800????.. this is for speedways most famous team in a brand new(ish) stadium....and held in the UK's third largest city to boot.

It just, if ever needed, confirms speedway is in rapid decline. I can recall going to the old Hyde rd. stadium and being sat amidst 10,000 fans, but never less than 2,000....

....oh by the way great to see that young Dan is on the way back to top form.

And another 'by the way'....I see on the Town RL forum talk regarding the upcoming Allerdale council elections...it is apparently feared that if Labour do not gain the overall majority of seats on the council the 'new stadium project' could be seriously hindered by the Cons' and Independents....

Edited by singy13
bit extra added.
  • Like 1

last part of the post  is just pure blackmail from the cuntcil big wigs .

12 hours ago, jenga said:

last part of the post  is just pure blackmail from the cuntcil big wigs .

Was that a spelling error......i.e. the word prior to big wigs??

1 hour ago, singy13 said:

Was that a spelling error......i.e. the word prior to big wigs??

read it as you want to read . the forum council will sort it out . :mad:

I've just read the post above about the company that Laura had 50% stake in getting wound up and not one reply !!!!

Is this is the company that ran WORKINGTON SPEEDWAY.

Not any other company that Laura has just the SPEEDWAY ?

God knows how much is owed out if the tax man is wanting over 300k 

Tip of the iceberg 

Edited by H20

Just now, H20 said:

I've just read the post above about the company that Laura had 50% stake in getting wound up and not one reply !!!!

This is the company that ran WORKINGTON SPEEDWAY.

Not any other company that Laura has just the SPEEDWAY 

Tip of the iceberg 

be carful you dont open a can of worms . but worms in tins can be tasty , tasty they are very very  tasty . (to quote col)  mmmmmm lolololmmmmmm . just for you col . 

On 4/11/2019 at 4:19 PM, Derwent said:

A company that Laura had a 50% stake in has just been wound up by the High Court over an unpaid tax bill owed to HMRC of >£300k

1 hour ago, H20 said:

Is this is the company that ran WORKINGTON SPEEDWAY.

Not any other company that Laura has just the SPEEDWAY ?

Tip of the iceberg 

1 hour ago, jenga said:

be carful you dont open a can of worms . but worms in tins can be tasty , tasty they are very very  tasty . (to quote col)  mmmmmm lolololmmmmmm . just for you col . 

Company is LJM Asset Management Ltd.

https://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/ljm-asset-management

Edited by StevePark
add link
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, jenga said:

Hello Marra......just a further thought on the Comets demise.....and it's something that had worried me prior to all this stuff about the track being ripped up to welcome the Reds soccer crew.

I assume you'll have an idea about 'After the Lord Mayor's show' syndrome??......I had reservations about the 2019 season being able to match the wonderful stuff served up in 2018...and I feel the more 'fickle' element in the crowd would probably become stay at home folk, and therefore plunge Laura and Co into more financial hardship...just a thought-  now rather irrelevant of course...what do you think??