British Speedway Forum
singy13

Derwent Park..update on Town RL forum

Still gutted that speedway hasn't been run this year as for the this stadium hope it never gets go ahead and don't if annoy Town fans or reds hope they both bust and if speedway is ever able to get the stadium for them selves in recent years we were more successful than both town only get big crowds when is Derby and reds is a joke to called its self a good football side given how far down leagues they are speedway has lost supporters for whatever reason  but  speedway needs to get back to how the sport was when in the 70s  ppl didn't give a toss bout the other sports and things sad days from now  hope the stadium is failure 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cometbaz said:

My guess is Reds will move to Derwent Park and Borough Park will be flattened. Council will then decide there is no money for new stadium and will sell the land for development. Reds and Town will share Derwent Park and Speedway will never be able to return there.

i think thats bang on the money . 

Sunday league football in a multi million pound stadium is a joke ,  give the money to the reds and let them upgrade borough park . its all been one big con , run by some of the biggest con men and women in the area trying to make a name for themselves . its a shame that riders/players/fans from all three sports have been subject to this modern day robbery .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jenga said:

i think thats bang on the money . 

Sunday league football in a multi million pound stadium is a joke ,  give the money to the reds and let them upgrade borough park . its all been one big con , run by some of the biggest con men and women in the area trying to make a name for themselves . its a shame that riders/players/fans from all three sports have been subject to this modern day robbery .

This so sad business is gonna run and run...but given that the speedway will cost a lot for anyone to bring it back to life, and I have been given some incredible figures on that, it seems impossible for us to see the Comets rise again, sadly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cometfan4eva said:

Still gutted that speedway hasn't been run this year as for the this stadium hope it never gets go ahead and don't if annoy Town fans or reds hope they both bust and if speedway is ever able to get the stadium for them selves in recent years we were more successful than both town only get big crowds when is Derby and reds is a joke to called its self a good football side given how far down leagues they are speedway has lost supporters for whatever reason  but  speedway needs to get back to how the sport was when in the 70s  ppl didn't give a toss bout the other sports and things sad days from now  hope the stadium is failure 

Honestly

What would the council have done if the Speedway had run? they certainly couldn't have widened the pitch if the Speedway had of been operating that's for sure!!! the football club would have had to play on a narrower pitch!!!

Not all football pitches are the same size? The length of a pitch must be between 100 yards (90 m) and 130 yards (120 m) and the width not less than 50 yards (45 m) and not more than 100 yards (90 m). However all rugby league pitches I believe are the same size and rugby league is played on a field 112–122 metres long by 68 metres wide. When you look at the aerial shots of the two grounds it is noticeable that Borough Park is wider than Derwent Park however you could still have fit an "FA sized" approved pitch onto the Derwent Park footprint without "Butchering" the Speedway Track.

I hold nothing but contempt for the shower of "A Wipes" who are driving and delivering this death blow to the Speedway, A common accusation of  Speedway promotions is that they are self-indulgent self-serving and self-centred; However the local council along with the management committees of the "Reds" football team and "Town" the rugby league team certainly take some beating when it comes to saying "screw you" and looking after their own interests which they have done implacably and to the Comets detriment "In Spades" I would hasten to add...  I hope the the fleas of a thousand camels infest the collective crotches of all those involved in "Screwing Over" the Comets and that their fingernails drop off to stop them scratching...

Pure awkwardness on behalf of the Reds who seem to think they will be in the third division of the football league within the next 5 years, what an absolute joke... who believes that is likely to happen? As for "Town" the lies and disinformation they have spread about the situation and how they would stand by the Speedway and look after their interests well "Et tu, Brute"?  backstabbers to a fault...

Regards
THJ

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

With the change in the political environment following the local elections I can only imagine the whole situation re the new stadium has to be in a state of deep flux. If as seems likely the Council is to be run by an Independent/Tory alliance many of whom campaigned against the new stadium then surely the likelihood of this happening must be reduced. A spokesman from the 'Reds' was reported in the local press as saying that 'they won't be moving anywhere until the situation is clarified' so why commence work on changing the Derwent Park pitch ?. Its about time some honesty was spoken instead of treating us all like mushrooms. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

What would the council have done if the Speedway had run? they certainly couldn't have widened the pitch if the Speedway had of been operating that's for sure!!! the football club would have had to play on a narrower pitch!!!

Not all football pitches are the same size? The length of a pitch must be between 100 yards (90 m) and 130 yards (120 m) and the width not less than 50 yards (45 m) and not more than 100 yards (90 m). However all rugby league pitches I believe are the same size and rugby league is played on a field 112–122 metres long by 68 metres wide. When you look at the aerial shots of the two grounds it is noticeable that Borough Park is wider than Derwent Park however you could still have fit an "FA sized" approved pitch onto the Derwent Park footprint without "Butchering" the Speedway Track.

I hold nothing but contempt for the shower of "A Wipes" who are driving and delivering this death blow to the Speedway, A common accusation of  Speedway promotions is that they are self-indulgent self-serving and self-centred; However the local council along with the management committees of the "Reds" football team and "Town" the rugby league team certainly take some beating when it comes to saying "screw you" and looking after their own interests which they have done implacably and to the Comets detriment "In Spades" I would hasten to add...  I hope the the fleas of a thousand camels infest the collective crotches of all those involved in "Screwing Over" the Comets and that their fingernails drop off to stop them scratching...

Pure awkwardness on behalf of the Reds who seem to think they will be in the third division of the football league within the next 5 years, what an absolute joke... who believes that is likely to happen? As for "Town" the lies and disinformation they have spread about the situation and how they would stand by the Speedway and look after their interests well "Et tu, Brute"?  backstabbers to a fault...

Regards
THJ

Bit like other bull#### certain parties said they were gonna do then totally denied!!!. Same person can't look me in the eyes these days when our paths cross.... I wonder why!!!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

Regards
THJ

Unfortunately the speedway promotion lost the moral high ground some time ago...over five months ago when the decision was made not to run, those of us who had bought season tickets were assured that our money would be refunded. So far I have received not a single penny of my promised refund...

My wife and I have left numerous messages asking when the refund would be forthcoming. Initially, we were told that it would be paid in a couple of weeks once other payments owed the promotion were received, then the message became 'shortly' and eventually those connected to the promotion simply stopped responding.

I'm not holding out my breath to suddenly be recompensed and in reality the only likely way I am ever likely to see my money again is to issue legal proceedings against the promotion.

• Sad 3

9 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

Regards
THJ

Enjoyed your Birthday then? HBOB..

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Cometfan4eva said:

So what's happening with this so called fund raising to try an bring back speedway for 50years.

been livin in a bubble for a while ! what is this fund raising you talk about ?. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Cometfan4eva said:

So what's happening with this so called fund raising to try an bring back speedway for 50years.

Along with the so called backers who promised funding after our record breaking season,they've all run to the hills, it appears now we're out of sight and very much out of mind

• Like 1

13 hours ago, moomin man 76 said:

My wife and I have left numerous messages asking when the refund would be forthcoming. Initially, we were told that it would be paid in a couple of weeks once other payments owed the promotion were received, then the message became 'shortly' and eventually those connected to the promotion simply stopped responding.

Think you might not be alone with that problem marra....

Guest Loose Diamond
21 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

Regards
THJ

Hello. So sorry that speedway did not return for you all. I'm not sure what is happening but from what I've read it seems that the Reds and Town are going to both play at Derwent Park? As you say about the pitch size could all 3 not be accommodated? A similar situation happened years ago at Holler Street with Barrow I believe when the the speedway team was thrown out of football ground through issues with the track and pitch.