British Speedway Forum
singy13

Derwent Park..update on Town RL forum

:shock: . now thats what you call ripped off, sorry i mean ripped  up .!

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, topaz325 said:

One of Speedways finest tracks gone.

It most certainly was tops, and a fair track for all......memories are all we are left with....very sad and surely painful for all speedway fans who saw the place in full flight.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

One of Speedways finest tracks gone.

Saw some great meetings there ,tragic really.

• Like 2

From the euphoria of last season to the misery of this. What a devastating end for the Comets and their fans.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Is speedway the only sport that leaves so many fans feeling frustrated, even hurt, by the loss of their club... most sports battle through bad times I think.

So sad, almost identical to what happened at Hull after winning the treble in 2004, least we had most of the next season, though with 2 matches outstanding :neutral:....

12 hours ago, singy13 said:

Think you might not be alone with that problem marra....

I suspect that unfortunately I am not alone in not having received the promised refund...

A pity really - I only bought a season ticket, as I sponsor a rider who was named in Workington's line-up for the 2019 season. With hindsight, it would have been better to have provided some additional sponsorship to that rider or someone else.

37 minutes ago, moomin man 76 said:

I suspect that unfortunately I am not alone in not having received the promised refund...

A pity really - I only bought a season ticket, as I sponsor a rider who was named in Workington's line-up for the 2019 season. With hindsight, it would have been better to have provided some additional sponsorship to that rider or someone else.

A wonder how many season tickets were sold,,, there might be a few people to get back to.

A brilliant speedway track and a stadium right up there with the best in terms of viewing. I'm just so damned angry about all of this. Town have been in the rugby league wilderness for years now while the Reds are further away from the football league than ever. The Council owe it to the Comets to get seriously involved in helping any initiative to make a comeback wherever that maybe and not sit on their hands in resignation of the situation. A visit to Redcar's South Tees Motorsport Park would aptly demonstrate to them just what a bit of support and ambition can achieve at not huge cost !

I wonder if the Reds will have to pay rent to their rugby league landlords and be denied any profit from bar takings like the speedway had to financially endure ?

• Like 6

Totally gutted at seeing one of the best speedway tracks been ripped up loved watching the meetings and working down there haven't seen a meeting since last season due to having no transport Saturdays don't   seem the same always looked forward to going to speedway ever since I was a kid    just got memories now just a shame we couldn't have had a farewell meeting  sad says 

Guest Loose Diamond
On 5/23/2019 at 10:38 AM, Cometfan4eva said:

Totally gutted at seeing one of the best speedway tracks been ripped up loved watching the meetings and working down there haven't seen a meeting since last season due to having no transport Saturdays don't   seem the same always looked forward to going to speedway ever since I was a kid    just got memories now just a shame we couldn't have had a farewell meeting  sad says 

Yes it definitely is. Disgraceful.

On 5/22/2019 at 7:02 PM, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

The money KD spent on setting up that track it's effing criminal... and tragic... #absolutelygutted....

Regards 

THJ 

Just used the quote to attract your attention ha....but I was just wondering THJ if you know what such as Tony Jackson, and Dave Hoggart, are doing re speedway now following the demise of Comets?

Presumably the latter announces at other tracks?

11 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Just used the quote to attract your attention ha....but I was just wondering THJ if you know what such as Tony Jackson, and Dave Hoggart, are doing re speedway now following the demise of Comets?

Presumably the latter announces at other tracks?

Spoke to Hoggy a couple of weeks ago and although he will be getting involved with presenting events at the Cardiff GP and attending a meeting in Poland otherwise he has no role in speedway at present.

That's a shame, particularly as his nearest track (Scunthorpe) are in serious need of a meeting presenter.

• Like 3