Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
singy13

Derwent Park..update on Town RL forum

Just seen on BBC Look North.

Allerdale Council have pulled out of hosting Rugby League World Cup in 2021,because the capacity at the "New" stadium will not be large enough.

Edited by Gringo

Guest Loose Diamond
On 7/3/2019 at 8:11 PM, jenga said:

AHH , Brough park perfect . concrete never goes out of fashion , does it .  if i lived next door to ir , i still would not go ! LOL ..

No it doesn't. Years ago there was a lot of wood used at the stadium as well.

Guest Loose Diamond
On 7/3/2019 at 8:11 PM, jenga said:

AHH , Brough park perfect . concrete never goes out of fashion , does it .  if i lived next door to ir , i still would not go ! LOL ..

I never said it was. Just commented on the fact I had been to both Borough Park and Derwent Park in past years and they were looking a bit run down.

10 hours ago, Gringo said:

Just seen on BBC Look North.

Allerdale Council have pulled out of hosting Rugby League World Cup in 2021,because the capacity at the "New" stadium will not be large enough.

Nope that's not the reason at all......or maybe it is...because it is not going to be built.  The Allerdale council  exec. have kicked the stadium plans into touch.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

I never said it was. Just commented on the fact I had been to both Borough Park and Derwent Park in past years and they were looking a bit run down.

Borough Park was first used in 1937. And Derwent Park's first full season was 1956/57.....a trial league match was played in 1955....so both had better days shall we say.

1 hour ago, singy13 said:

Nope that's not the reason at all......or maybe it is...because it is not going to be built.  The Allerdale council  exec. have kicked the stadium plans into touch.

Have a look at Allerdale Council Facebook.

1 hour ago, Gringo said:

Have a look at Allerdale Council Facebook.

Or even their oifficial website, if they started work on a stadium and its related infrastructure this afternoon there is no way it would be ready in time for the 2021 !

https://www.allerdale.gov.uk/en/news-and-blog/allerdale-withdraws-from-hosting-rlwc2021/

Edited by Liz !!!
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Liz !!! said:

Or even their oifficial website, if they started work on a stadium and its related infrastructure this afternoon there is no way it would be ready in time for the 2021 !

https://www.allerdale.gov.uk/en/news-and-blog/allerdale-withdraws-from-hosting-rlwc2021/

They have pulled out of hosting RLWC 2021,but they are still hoping a new stadium can be built.

51 minutes ago, Liz !!! said:

Don't Diss Allerdale, we've so much to thank them for,the clock that's reminiscent of a bomb,and not forgetting the lion sculpture which looks more like a gorilla,money well spent in my book

• Haha 1

Guest Loose Diamond
4 hours ago, singy13 said:

Borough Park was first used in 1937. And Derwent Park's first full season was 1956/57.....a trial league match was played in 1955....so both had better days shall we say.

Yes.

4 hours ago, singy13 said:

Yes they haven't changed a bit,apart from a sixty minute makeover at derwent Park prior to the last rugby world cup

• Haha 1

Allerdale council also announced today that no garden waste or tin/plastic recycling will be collected for at least 2 months, so something in the council must be in a pretty poor place.

36 minutes ago, Neila said:

Allerdale council also announced today that no garden waste or tin/plastic recycling will be collected for at least 2 months, so something in the council must be in a pretty poor place.

Maybe they don't need the trash now, cos they don't need to knock a new stadium up.

40 minutes ago, Neila said:

No doubt council tax bills will be up again,little wonder nobody can be arsed voting in council elections

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Don't forget.

Reduce,reuse,recycle.

• Like 1