British Speedway Forum
singy13

Derwent Park..update on Town RL forum

The contract was drawn up with a certain mr smith and mr fryer, suspect they had other things on their minds at the time !

46 minutes ago, Gringo said:

Don't forget.

Reduce,reuse,recycle.

i am all for glass milk bottles coming back , plus fizzzzzy drinks in glass . pu a returns of a few bob on the bottles as well . back 2 the future ....

7 minutes ago, jenga said:

i am all for glass milk bottles coming back , plus fizzzzzy drinks in glass . pu a returns of a few bob on the bottles as well . back 2 the future ....

Ye can still get milk in glass bottles, ye just need someone silly enough to deliver them. Another dying breed !!!

looks like an opening in the market there.... little competition ! ..set that alarm !

now where did i park that milk float ?

Edited by jenga

11 minutes ago, jenga said:

looks like an opening in the market there.... little competition ! ..set that alarm !

now where did i park that milk float ?

Hopefully not too far from a plug socket.

• Haha 1

more importantly , how high is the jolly green grass now ?

in today's Times and Star a coucillor is quoted saying

* No contracts signed with NHS or Sellafield

* No high level contact with either,  just an expression of interest

”insufficient guarantees upon which to base such “such a momentous decision””

That's why it was cancelled, didn't want to burden the tax payer.  With nothing signed why did they wreck the track, counting chickens comes to mind.

Edited by comet49

7 minutes ago, comet49 said:

in today's Times and Star a coucillor is quoted saying

* No contracts signed with NHS or Sellafield

* No high level contact with either,  just an expression of interest

That's why it was cancelled, didn't want to burden the tax payer.  With nothing signed why did they wreck the track, counting chickens comes to mind.

Criminal is the word i would use esp when u think it was left alone when not used between 1987 -1999, town board have alot to answer for, but as have said before hit them where it hurts in the pocket dont go to town games go to haven instead.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Criminal is the word i would use esp when u think it was left alone when not used between 1987 -1999, town board have alot to answer for, but as have said before hit them where it hurts in the pocket dont go to town games go to haven instead.

haven is where town will be playing some HOME matches . going to watch them play from the big hill (kells) . LOLOLOLOLOL

On 6/30/2019 at 9:21 AM, Carlislecomet2 said:

Agree with all the above, and from what I understand that is exactly what the proposed stadium was aiming to deliver. As for the rugby world cup, so what if they were aiming to stage matches there - what better way of showcasing a brand spanking new facility and at the same time showing that this part West Cumbria means business and is determined to move with the times.

This will be a huge opportunity missed, and one that probably wont happen again.

As for the speedway, the public had their opportunity last year to show what interest was still out there for the sport by turning up and supporting the best and most successful team in its history. Unfortunately only around 450 or so of us could be a**ed to do so. Who knows, if 1000+ had come through the gate maybe things could have been so different!

Christ what happened to the other 750 that went in 2004/5? Used to look forward to my Saturday nights travelling from Carlisle to Worky speedway.

On 7/19/2019 at 2:55 PM, jenga said:

haven is where town will be playing some HOME matches . going to watch them play from the big hill (kells) . LOLOLOLOLOL

Nope Town will not be playing any HOME matches at Haven ground.....they did draw 12-12 there though in a recent AWAY match.......hey I live nr that 'big hill', and I'm a Townie to boot..., not too hard pls....ha.

BTW>>>>>Speedway stuff, all sorts, being moved to nearby facility a Town mentor said......mmmmm?

who knows whats going on ? ................. no one ! ..................  still finding bits of shale  in my jackets ...

3 minutes ago, jenga said:

who knows whats going on ? ................. no one ! ..................  still finding bits of shale  in my jackets ...

Do you not wash your potatoes before you bake them ?

• Haha 1

Just now, ruffdiamond said:

Do you not wash your potatoes before you bake them ?

have you never eaten dirty potatoes ?  they do have a crunch all of their own . .