Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
singy13

Derwent Park..update on Town RL forum

3 hours ago, singy13 said:

Nope Town will not be playing any HOME matches at Haven ground.....they did draw 12-12 there though in a recent AWAY match.......hey I live nr that 'big hill', and I'm a Townie to boot..., not too hard pls....ha.

BTW>>>>>Speedway stuff, all sorts, being moved to nearby facility a Town mentor said......mmmmm?

Wow Town fan. Penky plays for them. I see him knocking about quite a bit.

57 minutes ago, craigACE said:

Wow Town fan. Penky plays for them. I see him knocking about quite a bit.

Yeah Penky still going strong and hopefully for a while yet, can change a game with his tactical skills.

All my teenage/adult life I've been a visitor to Derwent Park...both for Worky Town RL and the wonderful Comets. It is still heartbreaking to not have speedway there anymore, and seeing the track disappear is awful.

But I know many Town RL folk and it is they who say something might be stirring speedway style in the vicinity.......can't say more but????

• Like 1

Had a walk down to Northside arena today, must be 100 wagon loads of shale from Derwent park dumped along the edge of the area, just need a track to put it on !!

problem is , it will not all be shale . there will be some sub surface in amongst it all . only good for a base I.M.O. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, jenga said:

problem is , it will not all be shale . there will be some sub surface in amongst it all . only good for a base I.M.O. 

Yes all the shale is full off stones from the old base 

43 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Put it through a giant sieve. :t::cheers:

great idea !  where are the giants when you need one ?   :sad:

Think it was time that we all accepted it. As painful as it is, Workington is no longer a speedway venue and I doubt it ever will be again.

Speedway is no longer the attraction it once was and whilst it can still survive at several other venues around the country the sport will never be as popular as it was in the 70's / 80's and a few other tracks , unfortunetley , will go the same way as the beloved Comets very soon.

lets just hope the whole sport doesn't disappear down the big hole the B.S.P.A. seem to be digging for it.

• Like 1

Guest Loose Diamond
14 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Think it was time that we all accepted it. As painful as it is, Workington is no longer a speedway venue and I doubt it ever will be again.

Speedway is no longer the attraction it once was and whilst it can still survive at several other venues around the country the sport will never be as popular as it was in the 70's / 80's and a few other tracks , unfortunetley , will go the same way as the beloved Comets very soon.

lets just hope the whole sport doesn't disappear down the big hole the B.S.P.A. seem to be digging for it.

Yes, let's hope so.