British Speedway Forum
singy13

Derwent Park..update on Town RL forum

18 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Spoke to Hoggy a couple of weeks ago and although he will be getting involved with presenting events at the Cardiff GP and attending a meeting in Poland otherwise he has no role in speedway at present.

That's a shame, particularly as his nearest track (Scunthorpe) are in serious need of a meeting presenter.

A shame indeed.....his input at Comets certainly helped the euphoric atmosphere in those treble winning performances........and was always a top announcer!!!!!

• Like 1

More photos of the track being ripped up on facebook

D24BA1AA-98B8-4D6C-8434-2235CF2C0044.jpeg

Edited by topaz325

32 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

More photos of the track being ripped up on facebook

D24BA1AA-98B8-4D6C-8434-2235CF2C0044.jpeg

so what if the comets had run in 2019 , where were the reds going to go ? all those who said the track was ripped up ages ago  were telling porkies and all this work started on Monday this week . 

ALL three clubs need to put out matching statements regarding what is happening to Derwent  Park . i think we were all lied to about the comets continuing in 2019 by (wait for it ) our own speedway promotion ! . 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jenga said:

so what if the comets had run in 2019 , where were the reds going to go ? all those who said the track was ripped up ages ago  were telling porkies and all this work started on Monday this week . 

ALL three clubs need to put out matching statements regarding what is happening to Derwent  Park . i think we were all lied to about the comets continuing in 2019 by (wait for it ) our own speedway promotion ! . 

No use setting a rabbit running jenga there's no grass left for it to eat !!

Edited by SteelShoe
  • Haha 2

in amongst all of this i have a strong innate sense that we haven't seen the last of the Comets !. Call it Theresa May Syndrome if you like but she brought it back 3 times !. 

The machine in the picture was making short work of ripping up the shale in what looked like 6 inch swathes at a time. I know where it was going because i followed a lorry load. 

Long live the Comets !!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

in amongst all of this i have a strong innate sense that we haven't seen the last of the Comets !. Call it Theresa May Syndrome if you like but she brought it back 3 times !. 

The machine in the picture was making short work of ripping up the shale in what looked like 6 inch swathes at a time. I know where it was going because i followed a lorry load. 

Long live the Comets !!

How long did you follow the lorry for ???

Just now, ruffdiamond said:

How long did you follow the lorry for ???

until it turned off its ice cream chimes ...  aye , Northside is short on shale i see !

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, jenga said:

until it turned off its ice cream chimes ...  aye , Northside is short on shale i see !

was expecting the answer to be MacDonald's,,,, do you know of them ?

Who is paying for all this surely not the we have no money reds and town? 

• Haha 1

Just now, geoff100 said:

prob season ticket holders and those frozen off meeting takings . BRRR ..

Good old "ian thomas" will be spinning in his grave , would luv to know what " tony mole " thinks as he looks at those pics !

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Therein lies the question geoff100. The  equipment and extent of the operation won't be coming cheap !. Completely relaying the pitch as well no patching up going on.   In the current political climate in Allerdale nothing is making too much sense at the minute bit i'm hoping there's a positive outcome for the speedway in there somewhere. We can all come up with suppositions but should we have too ?