British Speedway Forum
stevebrum

Darcy in Twitter rant

32 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

You are wise to give up. 

You've chosen a race that is started with 100% efficiency to complain at. The two minute clock is there for you to view. 

Read the first post the comments are about the amount of gardening before any race  !

Just thinking that this has moved from Nasty Darcy into Garden Question Time!  On that point how other countries manage to have 4 riders ready to come on track immediately after race finish. While here, out may pop out 1 rider then gap etc.,  NO clock  to note countdown...when does 2 mins start, when first rider or last rider on track ? Seems to me that too often 2 mins is stretched.... 

41 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

You are wise to give up. 

You've chosen a race that is started with 100% efficiency to complain at. The two minute clock is there for you to view. 

Problem solved, riders have 2 minutes to get the bike, with rider on it, to within 2 metres of the tapes, last one there triggers all riders have 15 seconds to be at the tapes ready to race.

44 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Problem solved, riders have 2 minutes to get the bike, with rider on it, to within 2 metres of the tapes, last one there triggers all riders have 15 seconds to be at the tapes ready to race.

I think he may be looking through Rose tinted glasses, I remember in the past, some races never got the 2 minute klaxon, riders came straight out, little or no digging, lined up and that was that.. The 2 minute klaxon only seemed to sound if riders were in trouble with bikes etc... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Read the first post the comments are about the amount of gardening before any race  !

You complained about THIS race, which started bang on time. 

Gardening is utterly irrelevant as long as riders are ready to go at the conclusion of the two minutes. They could just sit in the pits instead. That would be exciting. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Shale Searcher said:

I think he may be looking through Rose tinted glasses, I remember in the past, some races never got the 2 minute klaxon, riders came straight out, little or no digging, lined up and that was that.. The 2 minute klaxon only seemed to sound if riders were in trouble with bikes etc... 

And all meetings were finished in 45 minutes weren't they. 

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

You can't be that dumb surely? The race you are complaining about, all riders were at the tapes within 2 minutes. They didn't need the 15 seconds, they started when the clock hit 0.

• Like 1

Its one thing riders taking 2 minutes to get to the tape area, its another thing if they all get their early then start digging. Anyway, this has got off the original post.

One (of many) nice things about Ice S is they get to gate, jump up& down & are ready...no faffing around....

1 hour ago, Midland Red said:

Have we given up on the thread subject then?

It's as you get older, and speedway fans being old, attention spans don't last too long.

• Haha 1

Darcey probably thought he was going to play 'Jack the Lad' throughout his career, picking up a few world titles along the way, while putting two fingers up to anyone and everyone. Problem is fate got in the way.

The real disturbing aspect of the tweet is that because he's not in a position to do NIkki harm he is, perhaps, suggesting that someone else ought to do it. Someone who Darcey would regard has having the balls to do it, like Darcey himself has and would, hence the little black book. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Its one thing riders taking 2 minutes to get to the tape area, its another thing if they all get their early then start digging. Anyway, this has got off the original post.

No it isn't at all. They have chosen to go there early.

I'd far rather see riders come out early and do that and build up tension for the race than just stare at a bare track.

What I find hilarious is that if any of the experts on the BSF had the balls to get out on a speedway track and race, you tell me that they wouldn't be looking to get the most out of the track in order to get a good start???

"Oh no, I'll just sit here doing nothing, and just hope everyone else misses the gate! I don't want to p*ss off anybody on the BSF..."

Steve

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chunky said:

What I find hilarious is that if any of the experts on the BSF had the balls to get out on a speedway track and race, you tell me that they wouldn't be looking to get the most out of the track in order to get a good start???

"Oh no, I'll just sit here doing nothing, and just hope everyone else misses the gate! I don't want to p*ss off anybody on the BSF..."

Steve

I wonder if they were whinging when riders were going in and out of the tapes back in the day. Sit b****y still and get on with it!

Edited by BWitcher