British Speedway Forum
stevebrum

Darcy in Twitter rant

Let's be honest some of the gardening in the good ol days was worse then today when you look back at some videos.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

Let's be honest some of the gardening in the good ol days was worse then today when you look back at some videos.

Think about it; you have a lot more work to do when there is actually dirt on the track...

Steve

1 hour ago, teaboy279 said:

? you sure even the Gardening was better in the old days 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, orion said:

? you sure even the Gardening was better in the old days 

The starts were terrible in the good old days. The galloping Mauger was a master of rolling into the tapes to anticipate the start.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

The starts were terrible in the good old days. The galloping Mauger was a master of rolling into the tapes to anticipate the start.

Yes but meetings were done and dusted by 8:15pm (7:30 start).

My memories of missing the 10pm bus three weeks in a row (10-15 min run to bus station) due to the meeting running late... and as a result not being allowed to go for a few weeks as a result are just my mind playing tricks on me!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

No .everything was better in the old days .how long have you been on this forum 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

Yes but meetings were done and dusted by 8:15pm (7:30 start).

My memories of missing the 10pm bus three weeks in a row (10-15 min run to bus station) due to the meeting running late... and as a result not being allowed to go for a few weeks as a result are just my mind playing tricks on me!

Too right, i remember having to catch the last bus home outside White City station after another Wood Lane double header went on till near midnight. My mum had a fit waiting up for me!

1 hour ago, orion said:

No .everything was better in the old days .how long have you been on this forum 

Too bloody long!

38 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Too right, i remember having to catch the last bus home outside White City station after another Wood Lane double header went on till near midnight. My mum had a fit waiting up for me!

Wrong again ..Every meeting in the old days  finish  on time ..with passing in every heat with no guests .

56 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I remember that aswell but I got the train back to south ruislip

I can't remember the old days, I liked the bar too much.....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

With the attitude Darcy shows, I'm more than justified in why I gave no money to his fund.

He really is a horror of a person 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, orion said:

Wrong again ..Every meeting in the old days  finish  on time ..with passing in every heat with no guests .

An' you try tellin' that t' young people o' today, and they won't believe you...  :rofl: 

Steve

10 hours ago, crazysue said:

I can't remember the old days, I liked the bar too much.....

Can you even remember last week? 

• Haha 1