British Speedway Forum
stevebrum

Darcy in Twitter rant

I remember in the 60's if there weren't at least 5 passes in every heat, the meeting ran past 8.45 or one of the superstars shot off home without buying everybody a beer they used to refund double your entrance fee.....probably.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Too right, i remember having to catch the last bus home outside White City station after another Wood Lane double header went on till near midnight. My mum had a fit waiting up for me!

Remember it well...at least it gave me a free run thru' Western Avenue and the M40 back home to Oxford.

42 minutes ago, Vince said:

I remember in the 60's if there weren't at least 5 passes in every heat, the meeting ran past 8.45 or one of the superstars shot off home without buying everybody a beer they used to refund double your entrance fee.

There you go then. ALL of the UK speedway problems solved. The BSPA bring in these conditions and there will be hordes of flat cap wearing and waving supporters. Now it's not like that is the reason they can't be bothered to go. Who would have thought it would turn out to be so easy.

On 3/29/2019 at 9:51 AM, Bavarian said:

I'd rather say it was a typical Pawlicki fall, like he has performed many times. Certainly nothing to justify Darcy Ward's twitter comment, what's wrong with him? There nothing dirty about Nicki's riding in this race.

Never a fan of Pedersen even before he turned out during an ill-fated move to Cowley where on his very first meeting for Oxford deliberately rode thru' Lee Richardson at Coventry. Only lasted half a season at Oxford after an infamous row in the pits at Peterborough with then promoter Nigel Wagstaff. Personally I was glad to see the back of him as I grew tired watching his 'niggling' style of riding.

Seem to remember someone upsetting Todd Wiltshire too. Was that Nicki?  Unfortunately I can't recall anything else as the details were sifted out of my brain many years ago.

13 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Seem to remember someone upsetting Todd Wiltshire too. Was that Nicki?  Unfortunately I can't recall anything else as the details were sifted out of my brain many years ago.

I think it would be quicker to name the riders who Nicki hasn't upset down the years!

Saying that he's had a raw deal the last couple of years with refs excluding him purely because of his reputation and riders (Woffinden and Janowski spring to mind,) overreacting after barely being touched. You know they wouldn't react like that if it were any other rider.

I for one will miss him in the gp's this year because he's the last remaining character and he stirs things up. It's all gotten too chummy with all the fist bumps and high fives..We need another Penhall v Carter type rivalry!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Terry said:

I think it would be quicker to name the riders who Nicki hasn't upset down the years!

Saying that he's had a raw deal the last couple of years with refs excluding him purely because of his reputation and riders (Woffinden and Janowski spring to mind,) overreacting after barely being touched. You know they wouldn't react like that if it were any other rider.

I for one will miss him in the gp's this year because he's the last remaining character and he stirs things up. It's all gotten too chummy with all the fist bumps and high fives..We need another Penhall v Carter type rivalry!

Tai was just as bad as Nicki to be fair and he took the bait.

On 4/1/2019 at 12:27 PM, steve roberts said:

Remember it well...at least it gave me a free run thru' Western Avenue and the M40 back home to Oxford.

Also recall attending a double header at Wolves in 1984 when Oxford were on second to Halifax and travelling back at the dead of night one cold and misty late October night...but that's the memories I carry when remembering my times travelling about the country and what made it so special.

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1

Pedersen never touched him.  Bail out move from the fallen rider and typical of him in the GP's.  

• Like 1

On 3/30/2019 at 8:11 PM, Mr. Clemens said:

Darcey probably thought he was going to play 'Jack the Lad' throughout his career, picking up a few world titles along the way, while putting two fingers up to anyone and everyone. Problem is fate got in the way.

The real disturbing aspect of the tweet is that because he's not in a position to do NIkki harm he is, perhaps, suggesting that someone else ought to do it. Someone who Darcey would regard has having the balls to do it, like Darcey himself has and would, hence the little black book. 

lots of riders have knocked Pedersen off his bike but the difference is he doesn't bleat about it.   Zmartzik T'boned him last season at Gorzow, pure racing incident as Zmartzik lost control off a bend but a horrid crash that caused Pedersen a bad neck injury.   Woffy knocked him off in the GP's and caused a broken arm.   Pedersen is an all time great and puts bums on seats.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mark said:

lots of riders have knocked Pedersen off his bike but the difference is he doesn't bleat about it.   Zmartzik T'boned him last season at Gorzow, pure racing incident as Zmartzik lost control off a bend but a horrid crash that caused Pedersen a bad neck injury.   Woffy knocked him off in the GP's and caused a broken arm.   Pedersen is an all time great and puts bums on seats.

I have always been a fan of Nikki and I don't think  I wrote anything that suggested otherwise.

Re his neck injury, it strikes me that Ward hoped he'd never ride again, has it was said that might be the case. But Nikki being Nikki overcame his problems and his back on a bike again. How deep would that stick in Ward's craw, I wonder ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

Who is Darcy Ward never heard of him has he ever been world champion in Speedway?

He's just a simpleton with a big ego...

• Like 5

Wasn’t it ward and I think holder the main protagonists when smolinski was in the gps? Something about his engines but nothing ever got proved did it?