British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jackofdiamonds

Newcastle v Redcar Tyne -Tees Trophy 31/3/19 at 6.30pm

I'll start this off as the there appears no one else has.

First home match for the Diamonds against Redcar  who took the spoils on Friday. Siince then Redcar went down heavily at Leicester last night, while Mattie Wethers came 4th in the Bordernapolis.

Stevie Worrall looks as though he had a nightmare at Belle Vue in the Peter Craven Trophy, scoring just one point

Newcastle Worrall, Lambert, Bjerre, Wethers (or Wethers, Bjerre) Jorgensen, Phillips, Clegg

Redcar Palm Toft, Bacon, Barker, Stewart, Wtight, Greaves, Smith.

First leg :~ Redcar 51  Newcastle 39.

Given the Bears performance last night it will need a much better performance to hold onto the lead. MPT and Barker need to contribute a lot more and given Jordans previous visits to Brough I'm not expecting much from him either.

Great result for the Bears !! Great to put one over our North-East rivals, not something that happens very often at Brough , well done Ben and the lads !! Bears have sharper claws this season .

• Like 3

Another reason why Charles Wright will be right at the top of the averages come the end of the season. He’s starting to become the real deal.

• Like 2

would have thought the jawdees would have been on here by now , seen as they will have sneaked away after the interval

• Haha 1

Would have been pleased to have won on aggregate, so to win on the night is a bonus.

Probably a good time to ride at Newcastle with the fact they had a few new faces in the team and their first home meeting.

Charles is a class act these days and excellent from Nathan tonight. Bit more back up from the rest of the team (let’s tell Bacon that every race is Heat 1) so we could even afford MPT to have a poor night (for him) at Brough.

• Like 1

Honestly

Well done Redcar as they rode with a lot of grit and determination... they deserved it...

However... and I accept that it was the first home meeting of the season but I stand in line with the tapes and the starts seemed so disjointed and scrappy which was most unusual as Phil Day is normally a very good Start Marshall (as is Barry Simpson when we borrow him from Redcar) and although this had very little bearing on the final result as it was the same for both sides it did look very messy...

I thought this new "starting" rule was going to improve the starts however I can't say that slicker starts or a slicker starting process was evident this evening...

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Missed out word
  • Like 2

Great result for the Bears - Wright has started season superbly and looks like Greaves had a great meeting.

Probably raced Newcastle at the right time, before they get dialled in to the home track.

20 minutes ago, homer said:

very quiet on here wonder why

cos it's late and, lots of people are in bed ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

cos it's late and, lots of people are in bed ?

not cos you got battered then

• Like 1

8 hours ago, homer said:

Did we get battered last night, don't think we did.  Meeting decided by a poor refereeing decision, but you expect that from a Mackem..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, homer said:

No,,, a blame the leap into British Summertime, that lost hours slumber causes all sorts of chaos.

• Like 1