British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich V Kings Lynn Thursday April 4th 7.30pm

Think Buster will be ‘looking’ for a tight match with the home side just getting home. ;)

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, mrss said:

I know its first meeting and people say it doesn't matter too much if you lose, but if the Stars are ambitious they should target a win at Ipswich. It should be one of the easiear tracks to go to to get a positive result. Anything less than a Stars win and I will be dissapointed.

I’m sure they will target a win in every meeting this season, no reason not to. 

Disappointment at defeat is fine as long as people don’t start being silly ie demanding riders be sacked and writing the team off after one loss (if we lose). One thing this forum does very badly is perspective. 

• Like 3

I have read that Ipswich have put out an official PR telling their fans to vote for our worst performing riders for heat 14, unbelievable but not surprising. So we know what we need to do, hope everyone has a twitter account, or two, three, four etc etc.. 

As far as I am concerned there is no such thing as a 'friendly' against your arch enemies. I hope the riders are fired up for it as a morale boosting win could bode well for the rest of the season.

32 minutes ago, Trees said:

I have read that Ipswich have put out an official PR telling their fans to vote for our worst performing riders for heat 14, unbelievable but not surprising. So we know what we need to do, hope everyone has a twitter account, or two, three, four etc etc.. 

Sums up a ridiculous idea. 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Trees said:

As I understand it the team manager nominates four riders and the Twitter poll is to choose which two of those go in heat 14. So it’s as broad as it is long really. Opposing fans can’t choose your two worst riders out of the whole seven. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Trees said:

It would be crazy from the team manager to nominate an under performing rider for ht14 surely.He has to name 4 riders for ht 14.I would most definitely name my best 4 on the night.And whoever gets voted for ht14 put the other 2 in ht15.Whether that means Lambert in ht14 then so be it,at least your not running the risk of having a rider who has probably scored 0 all night.

edit:Bagpuss beat me to,must be able to type quicker than me:D

Edited by tellboy
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

Sums up a ridiculous idea. 

Why is it ridiculous? Gets supporters involved and uses social media, what’s not to like. 

Kind of makes the whole thing pointless doesn’t? If you’re gonna have your four best riders in the last two heats, does it really matter in which order? If you’re slightly weaker in one you’ll be slightly stronger in the other. 

Meh

Edited by Arch Stanton

17 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Why is it ridiculous? Gets supporters involved and uses social media, what’s not to like. 

Okay if legit. Not when it’s encouragingly gerrymandered. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

As I understand it the team manager nominates four riders and the Twitter poll is to choose which two of those go in heat 14. So it’s as broad as it is long really. Opposing fans can’t choose your two worst riders out of the whole seven. 

At our Fans Forum Robin said that the two riders for heat 15 would not be nominated for 14, so the next 4 best riders would be picked hence the chance to choose 2 lower order riders. At Peterborough tonight this was not the case so someone has it wrong.... 

4 minutes ago, Trees said:

At our Fans Forum Robin said that the two riders for heat 15 would not be nominated for 14, so the next 4 best riders would be picked hence the chance to choose 2 lower order riders. At Peterborough tonight this was not the case so someone has it wrong.... 

sgb_premiership.jpg
THE BSPA is pleased to confirm arrangements for the 2019 Premiership Supporters’ Cup.

The competition replaces the top flight’s KO Cup this season and enables fans to have a direct influence on meetings, by voting for riders to take part in Heat 14.

The voting will take place via each club’s official Twitter feed, and enables both supporters and team managers to be involved in the process.

Following Heat 10 of each fixture in the competition, the team managers will provide the names of four of their riders for the Heat 14 vote and these will appear as a poll on the Twitter feed of the respective clubs, allowing supporters to vote for their preferred representatives in the race.

The polls will be open for 15 minutes, and the top two riders from each team in the poll will compete in Heat 14. These riders, along with the riders for Heat 15, will be announced following Heat 13.

It should be noted that riders who compete in Heat 14 cannot also compete in Heat 15. It will be the team managers’ decision whether to leave certain riders out of the Heat 14 poll should they wish to be certain of their availability for Heat 15.

The format of the competition sees the Premiership clubs divided into two groups, with the winner of each group progressing to a two-legged Final. Races prior to Heat 14 will be run under the old 13-heat format.

GROUP 1: Belle Vue (@TheAces), Peterborough (@PboroPanthers), Wolverhampton (@WolvesSpeedway)

GROUP 2: Ipswich (@ipswichspeedway), King’s Lynn (@KLSpeedway), Poole (@poolespeedway), Swindon (@Sw

Ah I got it slightly wrong then, the two who ‘lose’ the heat 14 poll don’t automatically end up in 15. So if for example Lynn wanted to hold Lambert back for heat 15 they could put the rest of the top five up for the Twitter poll. 

The risk would be if one of those four riders was having a bad night.....

Edited by Bagpuss

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Ah I got it slightly wrong then, the two who ‘lose’ the heat 14 poll don’t automatically end up in 15. So if for example Lynn wanted to hold Lambert back for heat 15 they could put the rest of the top five up for the Twitter poll. 

The risk would be if one of those four riders was having a bad night.....

No they don't automatically,but if i was TM they would because i would always use my best 4 from the night to go in the final 2 races.For example in the league you would name your top 2 for ht 15 unless you are too far in front/behind in that case you could name whoever is eligible.

21 minutes ago, Trees said:

I hope Robin isn't serious in doing that way.That would mean nominating a reserve for ht 14,if the poll chose him which you would expect to be our best reserve this would only leave K.Andersen to fill in if someone gets excluded in hts 14 and 15.No disrespect to Kasper but i would rather see MPT/Kerr to fill in if a rider gets excluded.