British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich V Kings Lynn Thursday April 4th 7.30pm

45 minutes ago, tellboy said:
sgb_premiership.jpg
THE BSPA is pleased to confirm arrangements for the 2019 Premiership Supporters’ Cup.

The competition replaces the top flight’s KO Cup this season and enables fans to have a direct influence on meetings, by voting for riders to take part in Heat 14.

The voting will take place via each club’s official Twitter feed, and enables both supporters and team managers to be involved in the process.

Following Heat 10 of each fixture in the competition, the team managers will provide the names of four of their riders for the Heat 14 vote and these will appear as a poll on the Twitter feed of the respective clubs, allowing supporters to vote for their preferred representatives in the race.

The polls will be open for 15 minutes, and the top two riders from each team in the poll will compete in Heat 14. These riders, along with the riders for Heat 15, will be announced following Heat 13.

It should be noted that riders who compete in Heat 14 cannot also compete in Heat 15. It will be the team managers’ decision whether to leave certain riders out of the Heat 14 poll should they wish to be certain of their availability for Heat 15.

The format of the competition sees the Premiership clubs divided into two groups, with the winner of each group progressing to a two-legged Final. Races prior to Heat 14 will be run under the old 13-heat format.

GROUP 1: Belle Vue (@TheAces), Peterborough (@PboroPanthers), Wolverhampton (@WolvesSpeedway)

GROUP 2: Ipswich (@ipswichspeedway), King’s Lynn (@KLSpeedway), Poole (@poolespeedway), Swindon (@Sw

From this, I'd say Robin has it wrong as it doesn't say that riders nominated for 14 cannot race in 15.... 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, tellboy said:
sgb_premiership.jpg
THE BSPA is pleased to confirm arrangements for the 2019 Premiership Supporters’ Cup.

The competition replaces the top flight’s KO Cup this season and enables fans to have a direct influence on meetings, by voting for riders to take part in Heat 14.

The voting will take place via each club’s official Twitter feed, and enables both supporters and team managers to be involved in the process.

Following Heat 10 of each fixture in the competition, the team managers will provide the names of four of their riders for the Heat 14 vote and these will appear as a poll on the Twitter feed of the respective clubs, allowing supporters to vote for their preferred representatives in the race.

The polls will be open for 15 minutes, and the top two riders from each team in the poll will compete in Heat 14. These riders, along with the riders for Heat 15, will be announced following Heat 13.

It should be noted that riders who compete in Heat 14 cannot also compete in Heat 15. It will be the team managers’ decision whether to leave certain riders out of the Heat 14 poll should they wish to be certain of their availability for Heat 15.

The format of the competition sees the Premiership clubs divided into two groups, with the winner of each group progressing to a two-legged Final. Races prior to Heat 14 will be run under the old 13-heat format.

GROUP 1: Belle Vue (@TheAces), Peterborough (@PboroPanthers), Wolverhampton (@WolvesSpeedway)

GROUP 2: Ipswich (@ipswichspeedway), King’s Lynn (@KLSpeedway), Poole (@poolespeedway), Swindon (@Sw

7 minutes ago, Trees said:

From this, I'd say Robin has it wrong as it doesn't say that riders nominated for 14 cannot race in 15.... 

Yes it does, as highlighted above. Think you probably miss understood what Robin meant. You can't only have 3 rider's available for heat 15, that would be ridiculous. But I suppose it wouldn't have been, this is British Speedway of course :lol:

13 hours ago, Trees said:

I have read that Ipswich have put out an official PR telling their fans to vote for our worst performing riders for heat 14, unbelievable but not surprising. So we know what we need to do, hope everyone has a twitter account, or two, three, four etc etc.. 

Where was that?

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Where was that?

It was a throw away comment from Hawkins at the end of the meeting preview on the official site. 

Seemed just a harmless tongue in cheek comment to me, certainly nothing for anyone to get their knickers in a twist over. 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2019 at 2:59 PM, Baldyman said:

Tunnocks caramel wafers,, and sweets,, the massif diet. 

The dark chocolate ones are yummy!

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

It was a throw away comment from Hawkins at the end of the meeting preview on the official site. 

Seemed just a harmless tongue in cheek comment to me, certainly nothing for anyone to get their knickers in a twist over. 

Who's getting their knickers in a twist, just gotta be prepared :D

5 hours ago, Baldyman said:

But when you have six fingers and webbed feet it's easy to get those knickers twisted :t:

But we are faster swimmers 

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:01 PM, Hodgy said:

Sums up a ridiculous idea. 

I agree, one of the most stupid ideas I can remember.    What's stopping opposing fans voting for the weakest riders????     Turns the meeting into a lottery...……  

If they want to use the social media to connect with their fans why not have the schedule and program on your phone/handset.   Fair enough, have heats 14 and 15 for dominated riders, but let the Manager make the decisions..

• Like 3

Even when the BSPA recognise and attempt to embrace modern technology, they get it wrong. A Red backwards wearing your blazer move. Anyway, how will this use of social media bring more fans as paying supporters into the stadiums?

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

I agree, one of the most stupid ideas I can remember.    What's stopping opposing fans voting for the weakest riders????     Turns the meeting into a lottery...……  

If they want to use the social media to connect with their fans why not have the schedule and program on your phone/handset.   Fair enough, have heats 14 and 15 for dominated riders, but let the Manager make the decisions..

The manager puts forward 4 riders for the vote - that stops opposing fans voting for the 3 weakest riders so not the lottery you fear

19 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The manager puts forward 4 riders for the vote - that stops opposing fans voting for the 3 weakest riders so not the lottery you fear

Some people don't seem to be grasping it yet :rolleyes:

28 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Some people don't seem to be grasping it yet :rolleyes:

I am grasping it crystal clear,    I understand that four riders will be  named by the Team Manager,   but what stopping opposing fans voting for the weakest to suit their team and riders, ??

Like I say , a ridiculous idea.     Keep it simple and address the real problems, not make new ones.....