British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich V Kings Lynn Thursday April 4th 7.30pm

7 minutes ago, g13webb said:

I am grasping it crystal clear,    I understand that four riders will be  named by the Team Manager,   but what stopping opposing fans voting for the weakest to suit their team and riders, ??

Like I say , a ridiculous idea.     Keep it simple and address the real problems, not make new ones.....

If its the top 4 nominated and the weakest are voted for then how is that likely to differ from a team manager pic

13 minutes ago, g13webb said:

I am grasping it crystal clear,    I understand that four riders will be  named by the Team Manager,   but what stopping opposing fans voting for the weakest to suit their team and riders, ??

Like I say , a ridiculous idea.     Keep it simple and address the real problems, not make new ones.....

What's to stop fans of both sides doing that, thus evening things out?

• Like 1

In a close meeting that could still go either way,, it's actually important which riders the fans choose,,, on a one sided meeting it makes no difference. 

Is there anything stopping the TM telling its fans how to vote? 

Edited by Baldyman

Will be the first East Anglian derby i have missed in 47 years ...

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

In a close meeting that could still go either way,, it's actually important which riders the fans choose,,, on a one sided meeting it makes no difference. 

Is there anything stopping the TM telling its fans how to vote? 

No....

And will the TM have access to the riders twitter accounts to gain 7 votes? 

So the TM can say to the voters we would like rider a and b in heat 14 please. So what's the point,,,, unless it's just to make the  50 odd kids feel involved

Edited by Baldyman

Vote for your opposition top rider could be a good call

Eg against Lynn Robert Lambert would be expected to win 15 so get him in 14 where the rivals have voted in our weaker pair

Yes he would most likely win but gives a better chance in 15

If the Lynn TM doesnt put Lambert in the 4 in order to ringfence for 15 then you get the chance to vote in a weaker rider ☺

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

So the TM can say to the voters we would like rider a and b in heat 14 please. So what's the point,,,, unless it's just to make the  50 odd kids feel involved

And we wouldn’t want that, would we?

• Like 1

If you are slightly behind you wold have to put your best 2 in 14 to give yourself a chance of winning. And if just ahead the same. 

Edited by Baldyman

No surprise really at who is slagging the idea off before seeing it in action. To me if you only have four riders you would want to be involved in the nominated heats then you only put forward four names and it’s as broad as it is long who goes in which heat. If you have more than four and/or want to protect somebody for heat fifteen then you leave that rider out of the poll. I would imagine it would be very rare for opposing supporters to be able to vote for a makeweight in an attempt to weaken the other sides chances. 

As I’ve said before this might only last a season and not really work but it’s a new idea which embraces social media and they are trying something different to engage people. Let’s give it a chance and see. 

• Like 2

TBH I’m a bit confused with all the ifs buts and maybes over this. Think I’ll just watch heat 14 and leave all this voting nonsense to you lot. :D

Agree with you Bagpus let’s just see how it pans out and then give an opinion. 

Im going with a couple of mates to Ipswich, where do the Lynn fans stand at Foxhall?

Edited by Clive Ward

6 hours ago, g13webb said:

I agree, one of the most stupid ideas I can remember.    What's stopping opposing fans voting for the weakest riders????     Turns the meeting into a lottery...……  

If they want to use the social media to connect with their fans why not have the schedule and program on your phone/handset.   Fair enough, have heats 14 and 15 for dominated riders, but let the Manager make the decisions..

I agree, why give fans more reasons not to go. Remember those ridiculous extra heats in the KOC a few years ago. I avoided those meetings like the plague. All of these gimmicks won't put many extra bums on the seats, if any.

• Thanks 1