British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich V Kings Lynn Thursday April 4th 7.30pm

Would prefer the team managers to decide who goes out in 14 and 15 providing once the choice is made it cannot be changed. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, g13webb said:

I am grasping it crystal clear,    I understand that four riders will be  named by the Team Manager,   but what stopping opposing fans voting for the weakest to suit their team and riders, ??

Like I say , a ridiculous idea.     Keep it simple and address the real problems, not make new ones.....

If they vote for the 2 weakest of the 4 to go in ht 14 then we go with the 2 strongest in ht15. Unless of course they have held 1 or 2 riders back for ht 15 if they prefer. 

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

If they vote for the 2 weakest of the 4 to go in ht 14 then we go with the 2 strongest in ht15. Unless of course they have held 1 or 2 riders back for ht 15 if they prefer. 

I thought the idea is that all four riders can be voted for, so those who win the vote go into 14, therefore two cannot be held back, or have I got this stupid idea wrong. 

11 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

I thought the idea is that all four riders can be voted for, so those who win the vote go into 14, therefore two cannot be held back, or have I got this stupid idea wrong. 

Yes,,,, you can hold back riders for 15, but since no one would know what the score may be by then, unless already miles ahead by heat 10,,then that would be an extremely risky thing to do. 

3 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Yes,,,, you can hold back riders for 15, but since no one would know what the score may be by then, unless already miles ahead by heat 10,,then that would be an extremely risky thing to do. 

OK thanks, still think it is daft

I understand why they are doing it,, but they way they are doing it is a bit mickey mouse.  A bit more thought may needed in future if it's to be kept 

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

I agree, why give fans more reasons not to go. Remember those ridiculous extra heats in the KOC a few years ago. I avoided those meetings like the plague. All of these gimmicks won't put many extra bums on the seats, if any.

Why would this idea make people not go? If people don’t like the concept then just pretend it doesn’t exist and treat heat 14 as another nominated heat, go to enjoy the racing and don’t worry about it. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Why would this idea make people not go? If people don’t like the concept then just pretend it doesn’t exist and treat heat 14 as another nominated heat, go to enjoy the racing and don’t worry about it. 

Each to his own. If i had any local venues still running i might pop along. I certainly wouldnt travel long distance to watch it, those days are long gone.

38 minutes ago, ouch said:

Travel to the NSS, you’ll be back. 

Long way to go for 15 mins of action :)

10 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

What a silly comment

Don't go horse racing on the flat then . with 6 races  it will seem like 15 minutes is a marathon 

21 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

I’m the same in that I also turn away as the riders come round the track to tapes and the same once the flag has gone down, never join in the victory celebration. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a parade nor a trophy giving. 

Just the racing for me and if there’s a re run I only watch from where the original was stopped so I don’t go over the 15mins per meeting. 

What we like eh?

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, mickthemuppet said:

What a silly comment

Don't go horse racing on the flat then . with 6 races  it will seem like 15 minutes is a marathon 

But I don't go to horse racing, that's for muppets who like to throw money away  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The reason I find the fan voting nonsense so tedious is it really has no bearing on the meeting. You jave a pick between the top 4 scorers. It's totally irrelevant and nullified which heat they go in.

It's just a pointless exercise imo

• Like 1

It was a good laugh on Monday. A young girl from our lot was helping fans, home and away sort it out. It got us all talking and laughing on a cold cold night. More of the same I say.