British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich V Kings Lynn Thursday April 4th 7.30pm

15 minutes ago, ouch said:

It was a good laugh on Monday. A young girl from our lot was helping fans, home and away sort it out. It got us all talking and laughing on a cold cold night. More of the same I say. 

What a laugh pressing an option on Twitter is :rolleyes:

I suppose some are easily entertained

I just can't see where fans standing around on a cold night waiting for Twitter votes to be made and counted can be entertaining . I think this voting by the fans idea is ridiculous .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The poll opens after heat 10 and closes after heat 13 and there’s no counting as Twitter keeps score automatically so I don’t think there will be any ‘standing around’. No reason why it shouldn’t all happen within the normal flow of the meeting. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ouch said:

Travel to the NSS, you’ll be back. 

I've been there 3 times. Fantastic track.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

What a laugh pressing an option on Twitter is :rolleyes:

I suppose some are easily entertained

If you’re sat in your bedroom alone in your pants then yes but mixing with people and having a laugh puts a different spin on it. 

You ought to get out more. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

got in the car this morning at 7.30am and there is a covering of snow/sleet on the lawn and over the car! 

If you get a better covering and it freezes properly then they could put spikes in the tyres and have ice speedway! 

2 hours ago, Baldyman said:

It's gonna be a cold one tonight 

But a white hot atmosphere :)

• Like 1

Lynn lining up tonight as follows

1 Lambert

2 Riss

3 Proctor

4 Kerr

5 Jorgensen

6 Palm Toft

7 Andersen

Can understand keeping the Lambert/ Riss partnership as it was so strong last year but would have preferred Riss at five with Kerr at two and Jorgensen four for better balance. Look forward to being proved wrong! 

Unless one team wins by a big margin I don’t think tonight’s result will be anything to worry about for either club, early days with riders getting back into it. From Lynn’s point of view I’d like to see plenty of positive signs especially from the lower order sand some good action with a sprinkling of controversy for those braving the cold.  

That's a strong 1 & 2, Riss pretty handy round foxhall and expect Lambert to go through the card tbh, not forgetting Proctor,  our ex super guest:wink:.

Think Lynn will see if the partnerships will go together they can shift them around (top 5) if not. at any time  But i did think Riss would be better at 5 and Jorgensen at 3

In the race format for supporters cup, am I right in think 4&5 ride as a pair and the no.3 with the reserves?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

In the race format for supporters cup, am I right in think 4&5 ride as a pair and the no.3 with the reserves?

Yes thats right

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Correct and in heat 12 Ipswich will have riders #1 and 4 against KL's #3 and 5 then vice-versa for heat 13.

• Like 1