British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich V Kings Lynn Thursday April 4th 7.30pm

8 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think your reserves could well be the difference in this one .I hope i'm wrong but I can't see Kasper scoring unless an Ippo rider falls/ pulls up etc.

I expect MPT to score around 7. Allen and Heeps will at least double that between them I fear:o

Having said that, I hope we stuff ya..

I wasn't far out regarding the reserves.  Lynn reserves 4 …….  Ippo's 17. So even if Lambo had scored 10 or so, the Stars would have still got their asses kicked.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
Duplicated

16 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Oh well, at least we ran you close :cry: Was it a good crowd?

My estimate would be 2500

• Like 3

Would love to be a “fly on the wall” inside chapmans van on the way back to Kings Lynn tonight :D

positives for all 7 witches tonight, a useful start to the season and great to start off with a win in front of a good size crowd - hopefully just as many of not more will be there again in a fortnight!

superb couple of passes from bomber, pure entertainment, and I particularly enjoyed Cameron’s battle and pass over proctor in ht14

Erik Riss has always been good at Foxhall - should absolutely be looking at him for any potential needs for a guest throughout the year

• Like 1

An outstanding performance from all 7 Ipswich riders. All this tosh about a weak side for God's sake givem a chance before we slate people after a couple of meetings. We put the arch enemy to the sword, what more do people want.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

I wouldn't take to much notice of Daniel,he wants all the East Anglian clubs to fail.

Bit miffed to see such a scoreline,but it is early doors.Wouldn't have minded so much if these scores went onto the averages but i don't think they do.If they did i would like to have thought they were average manipulating already,in earnest to make changes for the PL:rolleyes:.

Anyway congratulations to Ipswich on the demolition of my Stars team:sad:Obviously the best team by far on the night.Hopefully we will get some kind of revenge in 11 days time.That will be the first match i will be able to attend this season.Hoping to see plenty of Witches fans there.

Not quite right, I want Buster to fail. On paper King's Lynn, Ipswich and now Peterborough are the weakest 3 teams in the league. Many people also agree with that.

Do you know what makes tonight worst? Even 2nd tier Leicester managed 42 points at Ipswich 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes, but they have a No. 1:)

• Haha 1

I didn't expect the Stars win  last night, but I expected better than only 3 heat winners.  It appears Eric Riss was the only one to come away with any credit...

Capitulation against your worse enemy,  doesn't do anybody any favours.     Its all very well having all this fitness  rescheme and team building program, but the basic element has to be ability.   That is where we come up short...

The only thing this result has done is confirmed  what many of us was thinking...       When Lambert has a bad day, we have  no backup to cover him......  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Not quite right, I want Buster to fail. On paper King's Lynn, Ipswich and now Peterborough are the weakest 3 teams in the league. Many people also agree with that.

Do you know what makes tonight worst? Even 2nd tier Leicester managed 42 points at Ipswich

And fail he will, Buster that is IF he continues to fail to engage with fans and disregard them and their opinions. Even the loss of 10% of fans from each his three clubs would put an enormous strain on the finances of them ( and perhaps cause disillusionment among his backers ).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, g13webb said:

I didn't expect the Stars win  last night, but I expected better than only 3 heat winners.  It appears Eric Riss was the only one to come away with any credit...

Capitulation against your worse enemy,  doesn't do anybody any favours.     Its all very well having all this fitness  rescheme and team building program, but the basic element has to be ability.   That is where we come up short...

The only thing this result has done is confirmed  what many of us was thinking...       When Lambert has a bad day, we have  no backup to cover him......  

trouble is world class riders don't normally have bad days . but when they do it certainly shows.

14 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

And fail he will, Buster that is IF he continues to fail to engage with fans and disregard them and their opinions. Even the loss of 10% of fans from each his three clubs would put an enormous strain on the finances of them ( and perhaps cause disillusionment among his backers ).

If the crowd was 2500 I doubt he would regard that as failure..

Lots of local derbies will help this year...

As we know, as the season progresses, crowds dip due to various reasons, so having your local rivals visiting for even 'dead rubbers' so often has to be better than having the likes of Somerset and Leicester who have far further to travel..

A drop of 10% will be circa 120 - 150 team absolute tops I would imagine, and is more likely to happen for a mid season meeting against non local rivals. But given the amount of local derbies I can see more than enough people on those nights to minimise any possible losses made..

And nights against Poole, BV, Wolves and Swindon (if) any of those four are flying high will no doubt deliver good crowds wanting to see them..

I am actually quite impressed from a business angle how he has gone about this....

He will know that successful teams don't generate huge crowd increases, with the irony that as all meetings are play off qualifiers, too good a season can see crowds actually dip later in the year as fans know the play offs 'are safe'..

He will also know though that successful teams generate high wages!

Alternatively, a poor season will still see the 'die hards' attending and as most tracks the vast majority of fans are these people (and the impact level in terms of actual numbers are so low anyway now), you wouldn't see too much of drop I would say..

As a business plan it has a lot going for it..

7 minutes ago, mikebv said:

If the crowd was 2500 I doubt he would regard that as failure..

IF the crowd was 2,500 it would indeed not be a failure. IF it was. If the average can stay between 1,000 and 1,500 he will have done well.

7 minutes ago, mikebv said:

As a business plan it has a lot going for it..

You may well be right about that but I feel that any successful business owner must engage positively with his customer base ( and not combatively as  Buster has in recent years ).