British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich V Kings Lynn Thursday April 4th 7.30pm

All of Busters teams look professional, highlighted by the matching suits and covers. Any newcomers will expect this to be the norm but it's the oldies that maybe don't like it? Have to grow and move with the times which Buster seems to be trying to embrace. So for the time being he can only be applauded. Obviously the result from.last night helps. 

• Like 2

Interesting that alot on this forum myself included point to Poland as the way forward. So when we have a owner who starts to give his clubs a professional image like the Poles do he gets slated. I'm not Chapman biggest fan however I can only admire how his teams are kitted out. Louis has always had his teams well kitted out and the Ipswich website and interaction on social media over the past few years has been great. 

Up the witches right now the sport seems professional well in Ipswich at least. 

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Not quite right, I want Buster to fail. On paper King's Lynn, Ipswich and now Peterborough are the weakest 3 teams in the league. Many people also agree with that.

Do you know what makes tonight worst? Even 2nd tier Leicester managed 42 points at Ipswich 

What you have to take in consideration, is that the Ipswich riders were specifically told to use the Leicester meeting to experiment and try different set ups in readiness for the real stuff hence the closer score  

It obviously worked :P

13 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

My estimate would be 2500

Good to hear, even if it is Ippo . Hope it continues. :t:Speedway needs it.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Not quite right, I want Buster to fail. On paper King's Lynn, Ipswich and now Peterborough are the weakest 3 teams in the league. Many people also agree with that.

Do you know what makes tonight worst? Even 2nd tier Leicester managed 42 points at Ipswich 

You wanted all the East Anglian clubs to finish in the bottom 3 to get at Buster. So in my eyes you want them all to fail. I remember quoting you to say your beef is with Buster, but to want 3 teams to fail/finish bottom 3 is silly. 

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Cupidstunt said:

Kings Lynn to win tonight, Proctor to get double figures.

ipswich are a poor team 

...oh dear, great pundick

38 minutes ago, tellboy said:

You wanted all the East Anglican clubs to finish in the bottom 3 to get at Buster. So in my eyes you want them all to fail. I remember quoting you to say your beef is with Buster, but to want 3 teams to fail/finish bottom 3 is silly. 

No need to bring religion into it :wink:

I don't know if he wants all 3 to finish bottom but with the teams they have assembled, it looks a 3 way battle for the wooden spoon IMHO.

Doesn't matter what people think of Buster, he's taken over clubs to keep the top league going, it is what it is and we'll just have to wait and see how it all  pans out over the season. 

Anyway, it was a good enjoyable meeting with some passing ( unusual at Foxhall of late), certainly a very decent crowd and it's always satisfying to comfortably beat the old enemy, long may it continue ! 

22 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

No need to bring religion into it :wink:

I don't know if he wants all 3 to finish bottom but with the teams they have assembled, it looks a 3 way battle for the wooden spoon IMHO.

Edited now thanks:oops:

Daniel most definitely wanted all 3 clubs to finish in the bottom 3 just to get at Buster. 

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

What you have to take in consideration, is that the Ipswich riders were specifically told to use the Leicester meeting to experiment and try different set ups in readiness for the real stuff hence the closer score  

It obviously worked :P

Ha, as we're the Leicester riders and Lynn last night ;)

20 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Not true. Team manager can name his top 4 riders of which 2 can be voted for in heat 14. The other 2 would then be in heat 15.  Alternatively he could keep the top 2 for heat 15 and nominate another 4 for the heat 14 vote. (At least thats how it was explained today).

That is what I said, depending on how you read it.:t:

1 hour ago, John Scrutton said:

NO A local farmer is bringing alone his plough as usual

How many people does it take to bring it usually ?;)

• Haha 1

Second worst team in the league, worst manager in the league. Not surprised we got a hiding, will be many more I’m sure. Why is Campos manager anyway? Not sure why he was yet first choice instead of Dale