British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Belle Vue PSC - Mon 1st April

First senior match of the season and one I should think is eagerly awaited.

After the past few weeks of changes it will be nice to see some action on a rejuvenated track that looks the part following press and practice.

PETERBOROUGH: Rohan Tungate, Lasse Bjerre, Bradley Wilson-Dean, Charles Wright, Hans Andersen, Aaron Summers, Ben Barker.
BELLE VUE: Max Fricke, Steve Worrall, Dan Bewley, Ricky Wells, Kenneth Bjerre, Dimitri Berge, Jaimon Lidsey.

Home win. 

An awful lot of ifs, buts and maybes with this one.... had cook still been in home win for sure, now could be a surprise early away win depending on how the Belle Vue away boys coming off of injury are in their first meetings!

Peterborough always a fair track tho so either way a good meeting in store think I’ll go for a home 46-44 win with hans getting it done in ht15

I see this as part of The Aces rehabilitation process. Any team meeting us early doors should fill their boots. Easy home win. 

Decent reserve pairing for Peterborough could well be the difference here. What are the rules in this comp this year surrounding tactical subs? Is this in place ?

Away win with King Kenny and Fricke scoring big points ....

• Like 1

Much will depend on how Dan copes with his first competitive racing since his serious injuries. There's no pressure on him in these early season meetings, far better that he eases himself in if that is what he needs. I don't know how Wells usually performs at the EOS and Lidsey is not only facing his first UK meeting but against a very strong reserve pairing. If they all do well a good away win but hopefully an exciting meeting whatever the result.

Edited by Aces51

Away win looks on the cards to me, unless Summers can add double figures to his scorechart.

• Like 1

Close home win for me. With BV closing the gap in the later heats.

Bjerre and Fricke should score well, as will Hans for the Panthers. Ht's 13 and 15 should be good ones for the Aces.But the Panthers reserves should be too strong I think. Add to that Bewley is a concern and will surely be thinking safety  first at this stage of the season

Main thing at this stage is that all riders come away fit and healthy.

I didn't realise it was the old 13 heat formula..Ooops :oops: Cheers Rob :t:

Close home win still stands :)

Edited by Bald Bloke
cocked it up

Question is will bewley have 1 ride and pull out giving us a facility till hes fully fit

Edited by Phil The Ace

6 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Question is will bewley have 1 ride and pull out giving us a facility till hes fully fit

I dare say their are some fitness concerns over both Bewley & Lidsey but these openers are just good practice for the real event in a few weeks time

Just now, bigcatdiary said:

I dare say their are some fitness concerns over both Bewley & Lidsey but these openers are just good practice for the real event in a few weeks time

Lidsey is fine he rode in Poland on Saturday.

23 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Would that be the case for an existing injury??

But if same Injury should be ok... E.g. Danny King was injured but came back and pulled out. Ipswich had facility for him