British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Belle Vue PSC - Mon 1st April

If you look at the kelvars that Anderson was wearing I can't see how much larger his sponcers name could be and also standing out in white againt the red    so what is Cook so

up tight about ??

1 hour ago, Lukas said:

A very ordinary looking Panthers performance with Hans looking slow and no one else other than Wright standing out. Track was fast and smooth but was gate n go with no passing. Disappointing.

He looked slow at the weekend in Poland too. Riders will like the track smooth.... well the gaters will. 

47 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

That’s where Hans is these days. He’s nowhere near the level of ten years ago. 

Peterborough need to sort out this Cook business sooner rather than later. Getting him to change his mind or getting a much better replacement than Summers with all due respect needs sorting pronto. 

That moves Bjerre back down to reserve and makes a big difference to both him, and this team. 

Need to get this signing right and quickly. 

Looking at the scores Lasse Bjerre seemed to have bike issues and Summers rode better than expected and Barker worse than expected, so it could mean keeping Summers longer and dumping Barker possibly in the longer term.

Wow! Get rid of Barker after just three rides in which he scored in each? More synical than Newcastle and Glasgow promotion!

First match for new riders on a different track, give them chance!

34 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Looking at the scores Lasse Bjerre seemed to have bike issues and Summers rode better than expected and Barker worse than expected, so it could mean keeping Summers longer and dumping Barker possibly in the longer term.

That’s certainly an option you’d think 

4 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Is that better than last season or worse?  Sounds pretty good for a Monday 

First night of any season is usually decent but will they return based on that is another matter. Irrespective of cobwebs, relatively meaningless fixture if they want to use that as an excuse, and Belle Vue blowing off their cobwebs somewhat on Saturday, it was poor from the home side which looks distinctly average now and you wouldn't put a fiver on any of them to win a race that mattered against Fricke, Bjerre etc when they turn up during the season. Tungate was better than I expected though and I think that he can hopefully kick on during the season. Anyone turning up to see Andersen from memory will have seen that he is a pale shadow of the once barnstorming hero of the past although he did nearly wipe himself and someone else out on turns 3 and 4. Not sure whether that was by luck or judgement that he didn't :shock:

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

After one meeting? 

43 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

After one meeting? 

Well maybe not just yet and I am sure Lasse will be ok when he sorts his mechanical gremlins out but Barker has to improve  to retain his team place I would think.

15 hours ago, stevebrum said:

The expected result. Panthers need to get Cook back on board ASAP otherwise this team teams looks pants on paper without him.

If there was a “falling out” between Buster and Cook,there is only one winner in this situation and it ain’t Cook.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, John Scrutton said:

If you look at the kelvars that Anderson was wearing I can't see how much larger his sponcers name could be and also standing out in white againt the red    so what is Cook so

up tight about ??

Well switching it around , why is Buster so adamant riders individual sponsors have to be in plain white ? 

For the life of me I can’t understand either party’s stance on this ???

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Well switching it around , why is Buster so adamant riders individual sponsors have to be in plain white ? 

Don’t think the full story has been told.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Don’t think the full story has been told.

It hasn't but Craig is an absolute tool for turning it all down. He is too big for his boots sometimes and whilst I can understand his point (although he completely contradicted himself when asking for more money-makes his sponsor stance void) that doesn't excuse the stupidity of turning down a seat somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Uniformity. Professionalism. Its looks a sight better on TV.

Although its buster so there is probably a brown envelope somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

If there was a “falling out” between Buster and Cook,there is only one winner in this situation and it ain’t Cook.

Yes, you are probably right. No rider is bigger than the club and all that. However this side as it is is going to be bad for business.

Feeling pretty disillusioned at the moment. Big change from the feeling when Geds team was announced. Did not see Stilton Panther there which speaks volumes.