British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Peterborough v Belle Vue PSC - Mon 1st April

3 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Feeling pretty disillusioned at the moment. Big change from the feeling when Geds team was announced. Did not see Stilton Panther there which speaks volumes.

Stilton was at Arsenal v Newcastle 

19 hours ago, stevebrum said:

The expected result. Panthers need to get Cook back on board ASAP otherwise this team teams looks pants on paper without him.

Can they do that though, he was declared but never actually signed. Anyway if Cook has ended up of the wrong side of Buster Chapman then there is only one winner there.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Stilton was at Arsenal v Newcastle 

Still speaks volumes

7 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Still speaks volumes

Indeed, part time fan

38 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Indeed, part time fan

My love of Arsenal is the same as of the Panthers. I have had the Arsenal ticket for months so chose to go there but to call me a part time fan is a bit unfair. As it happens I am pleased that I went to the football.Although I am not happy with how things have turned out at the Showground, I can assure you I will be at the next meeting.

5 minutes ago, Stiltonpanther said:

My love of Arsenal is the same as of the Panthers. I have had the Arsenal ticket for months so chose to go there but to call me a part time fan is a bit unfair. As it happens I am pleased that I went to the football.Although I am not happy with how things have turned out at the Showground, I can assure you I will be at the next meeting.

Only pulling your leg Alan

8 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Well maybe not just yet and I am sure Lasse will be ok when he sorts his mechanical gremlins out but Barker has to improve  to retain his team place I would think.

Last night the race format made the Cook situation worse for us,  Fricke and  Kenny B were in 7 of the first 13 races  then both in Ht 15   and not beaten , maybe if we had got a replacement in time could have made a big difference,  Barker out of sorts ,  plus Lasse in scoring position twice retiring, Belle Vue have a good side , should have beaten us by a lot more

.jimg

2 hours ago, Stiltonpanther said:

I was at the gooners last night as well. With football you know it's definitely going to be on. No such luxury with speedway. Napoli at home and Watford away rule me out of the next two showground meetings. Hopefully i can make it on Easter Monday.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I was at the gooners last night as well. With football you know it's definitely going to be on. No such luxury with speedway. Napoli at home and Watford away rule me out of the next two showground meetings. Hopefully i can make it on Easter Monday.

Napoli and watford games may end in disappointment!

8 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Napoli and watford games may end in disappointment!

Quite possible, but as a fan i just wanted to see an improvement. We've already matched last seasons points tally with seven games to go. The way Emery has helped unite the fan base has to be a positive thing.

18 hours ago, acef said:

Uniformity. Professionalism. Its looks a sight better on TV.

Although its buster so there is probably a brown envelope somewhere.

I’m sorry but Craig having CRS ( for example) wrote in white as opposed to yellow or blue would have no effect on how professional the Panthers looked on TV, 

im not taking sides in this argument, I just can’t believe with the problems facing this sport , a promoter and a top British rider would find the colour of the font on  Kevlars this important   !! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, cityrebel said:

Quite possible, but as a fan i just wanted to see an improvement. We've already matched last seasons points tally with seven games to go. The way Emery has helped unite the fan base has to be a positive thing.

Yes I agree, I am  not a Arsenal fan but I can see Emery has done a great job and playing attractive football.

15 hours ago, jimg said:

Last night the race format made the Cook situation worse for us,  Fricke and  Kenny B were in 7 of the first 13 races  then both in Ht 15   and not beaten , maybe if we had got a replacement in time could have made a big difference,  Barker out of sorts ,  plus Lasse in scoring position twice retiring, Belle Vue have a good side , should have beaten us by a lot more

.jimg

we would have if dan was fully fit &  if wells would have scored !! let's see when league matches come round :party:

15 hours ago, jimg said:

.jimg

I think we( Belle vue )do potentially have a good side looking at Mondays meeting Bewley and Wells scored 1 point between them but still early days yet, more so for Bewley.Their last visits to Peterborough last season Bewley scored 15 and Wells scored 12 guesting for you so yes as the season progresses I think we could beat your present team by a lot more.But every meeting is different so who knows.Best of luck to you finding a new heat leader its what your team needs and will make a big difference on track.

18 hours ago, jimg said:

.jimg

Don't understand how the race format changed anything. in the normal league format the opposition 1&5 are out in 7 of the first 13 heats then both probably in heat 15?