British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Polish golden helmet Final Gdansk Friday 11th October on TV

13 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

The track must be licensed, so how can this be? League racing is regularly takign place there, so far with no complaints, and now this. Such a shame !  

Sometimes speedway is its own worst enemy, and not just in the UK, as we can see here !

From the photo`s here it doesn`t look great   https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/relacja/95117/final-zlotego-kasku-w-pile- maybe they tried to hide it with the shale during the licensing  inspection as well as today !!

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bavarian said:

The track must be licensed, so how can this be? League racing is regularly takign place there, so far with no complaints, and now this. Such a shame !  

This is the thing that amazes me. 

This surely can't be something that has just happened before this meeting. 

That means the guys in league matches must have been racing under similar dangerous conditions. It's shocking that nothing has been done before now. 

Fix it or take it off. Whats the problem?

Row rumbles on in Poland - decent picture of the offending concrete here https://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/817417/zloty-kask-ekspert-komentuje-skandal-i-pyta-kto-odebral-tor-w-pile-zawodnicy-wca

People asking how the track could have staged 2 meetings previously this season. The Promoter`s Speedway events just saying that the riders refused to race when the officals in charge at the track said they should race 

Speedway riders refused to ride in the finals of the Golden Helmet. Competition canceled. Refunds for tickets

04/20/2019

To the unusual situation occurred during a scheduled for Saturday, April 20, the final tournament of the Golden Helmet. Players refused to ride on the track Pila, with his objections to the state. Despite the different position of a judge and the Commissioner of the track. All of speedway sixteen plus reserve refused to take part in the competition, which in this case had to be canceled. The new deadline is not yet known. For the situation, we can only apologize to all fans.

At first I thought the kickboard was the problem. Instead the lack of shale next to the fence is. Mindblowing.

IS that concrete kerb showing up only on just one spot or on several around the track, on the straight, or on the corner ?

But is that really such a danger to the riders? It's certainly nothing compared to the concrete walls surrounding many of the Australian speedway tracks in the old days. That was really dangerous for the riders! But this ? Come on, why couldn't they simply have covered that part of the Pila track with a fresh load of shale, and get on with the racing?

Looks to me like some "Prima Donna" star riders flexing their muscles again, refusing to ride whenever something does not perfectly suit them !  

Sorry, but to cancel a Live TV meeting on a beautiful Easter Hoilday with a big crowd already in the stadium, is a serious matter. This is very damaging for the sport. More so when the official say that the track is safe and ready for racing ! It's a scandal !

Edited by Bavarian

24 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

IS that concrete kerb showing up only on just one spot or on several around the track, on the straight, or on the corner ?

But is that really such a danger to the riders? It's certainly nothing compared to the concrete walls surrounding many of the Australian speedway tracks in the old days. That was really dangerous for the riders! But this ? Come on, why couldn't they simply have covered that part of the Pila track with a fresh load of shale, and get on with the racing?

Looks to me like some "Prima Donna" star riders flexing their muscles again, refusing to ride whenever something does not perfectly suit them !  

Sorry, but to cancel a Live TV meeting on a beautiful Easter Hoilday with a big crowd already in the stadium, is a serious matter. This is very damaging for the sport. More so when the official say that the track is safe and ready for racing ! It's a scandal !

Sorry Bavarian but i`m with the riders on this one- i would rather be asking how a proper Polish league track can be licensed when then have a concrete hazard on the track ?

This was an important meeting for GP and SEC qualification places. Speedway racing is dangerous enough without placing extra hazards in the riders way !!

1 hour ago, Bavarian said:

Me thinks there was an easy solution to this problem. Shave some shale from the inside to the outside and hide the concrete. That concrete has always been there, its what the fence is built on. It has always been there, under the shale. To hit that concrete with your back Wheel spinning is a recipe for disaster, but just cover it... Whats the problem?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Me thinks there was an easy solution to this problem. Shave some shale from the inside to the outside and hide the concrete. That concrete has always been there, its what the fence is built on. It has always been there, under the shale. To hit that concrete with your back Wheel spinning is a recipe for disaster, but just cover it... Whats the problem?

Let the concrete stay there but not on the racing side of the fence. 

11 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

Exactly. Surely at the start of the season the level of shale should be checked to see if new stuff is needed? I actually mean before the season starts rather than after some practice sessions and a couple of meetings!! And surely every track has a ton of shale or so in stock

• Like 1

Translation of part of Sportowefakty article today

Before the finale Piotr Szymański, chairman of GKSŻ, among others in response to an interview with Cegielski, he sent a list of 18 recommendations to Piła. The club performed 17, one did not.

Finally a new date and venue has been sorted for the Golden helmet final postponed in April- now in Gdansk on Friday September 13th start time 6.30 pm UK time. This meeting will decide the Polish riders who will be entered into the GP and SEC qualifying in 2020.

Line-up

1. Krystian Pieszczek (Zdunek Wybrzeże Gdańsk)
2. Sebastian Niedźwiedź (Stelmet Falubaz Zielona Góra)
3. Piotr Pawlicki (Fogo Unia Leszno)
4. Maksym Drabik (Betard Sparta Wrocaw)
5. Piotr Protasiewicz (Stelmet Falubaz Zielona Góra)
6. Janusz Kołodziej (Fogo Unia Leszno)
7. Patryk Dudek (Stelmet Falubaz Zielona Góra)
8. Dominik Kubera (Fogo Unia Leszno)
9. Krzysztof Kasprzak (truly.work Stal Gorzów)
10. Paweł Przedpełski (ForBET Włókniarz Częstochowa)
11. Krzysztof Buczkowski (Mr Garden GKM Grudziądz)
12. Maciej Janowski (Betard Sparta Wrocław)
13. Szymon Woźniak (truly.work Stal Gorzów)
14. Adrian Miedziński (ForBET Włókniarz Częstochowa)
15. Kacper Woryna (ROW Rybnik)
16. Norbert Kościuch (Get Well Toruń)

17.(R1) Jakub Jamróg (Betard Sparta Wrocław)
18.(R2) Bartosz Smektała (Fogo Unia Leszno)

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

This meeting will surely again be postponed because of the Extraleague final 1st leg taking place the same evening.( 5 of the field)

Sorry to ask a question not related to this, but just a quickie... is there a close season / winter meeting anywhere in Poland ?  I seem to have memories of a December or January meeting in years past - i'm due to be over there at some point over the winter so was just wondering..

Cheers