British Speedway Forum
TigerAl

Redcar Vs Sheffield CS 5th April 2019

On 4/4/2019 at 9:06 PM, sidewinder said:

Terrific nights racing, both teams really going for it. Charles Wright & Ben Barker brilliant. 

Nichol very good & young Kemp is going to be some rider 

• Like 3

Well done to the Bears, I couldn't be at the MPA tonight but it was a great nights racing by all accounts.

Bears look to be very strong at home. If last seasons occasional poor home performance can be put to bed this year, we can seriously challenge for the play offs. UTB ! 

Came down from Berwick and seen a cracking meeting from a neutral perspective, plenty of racing lines on a well prepared track. Polar opposite to what we are used to at Berwick.

A couple of shocking refereeing decisions, but that is becoming the norm, where do they get these clowns from. 

Redcar are definitely playoff contenders, impressed with Wright & Stewart in particular.

• Like 3

Well after a few FTG races to start with we saw some excellent racing again.

Charles Wright is surely one of the top few riders in the league now and his Heat 11 ride was worth the entrance money alone. Hopefully his fall in Heat 15 didn't cause any damage.

The rest of the Bears all battled (literally in Greaves case) and looked a solid outfit. Jordan Stewart is a much improved rider this year.

For the Tigers - the top 3 all started like trains but didn't get enough support. Kemp looks a very good prospect though and could easily have scored more. Still think they are one of the strongest sides in the league

Crowd was down on last week but credit to the promotion (for starting on the time) and the Ref for not hanging about between heats - without a couple of re-runs the meeting would have been complete in 1 and a half hours which on a cold night is a definite plus.

• Like 1

My first meeting for a couple of years, and I was impressed by the side the Bears have this year, all looked like battlers, so augers well for this season. They had a slow start but when dialled into the track looked very good, and look to have strength in depth. It was also nice to meet up with a few of the old regulars, they kept me updated on the few rule changes since my last attendance. Well done to both sides for the exciting racing in most heats.

Cracking meeting tonight. Sheffield out the blocks first and thought hope we don't get beat, but the Bears fired on through and Mauled the Tigers even though they put up a great battle it just wasn't to be for them tonight. Agree on Ref situation was a bit radio rental. Was glad to see some Comets fans across including Tony Jackson. Just gutted i'm not going to see any racing there this season.

Another good win for the Bears and hope they do well on Sunday.

A thoroughly enjoyable meeting, both sides gave it their all and had a little bit of everything.

Was good to see Drew Kemp in action, and thought he was a tad unlucky tonight. He will probably feel hard done by with his heat 8 exclusion, but I think if Bacon had been excluded he would also have been hard done by. Great race between the pair though. 

Heat 11 was a cracker, super rides by both Wright and Proctor.  I thought Proctor very lucky to not be excluded in heat 14 mind, i think Greaves agrees with me....

Stewarts pass of Proctor in the re-run of that heat was also superb - he has really come on superbly over the winter.

• Like 1

Great meeting when it got going after the first few shared heats. Heat 8 I think the ref got right, Drew had done all the hard work in passing Tom on turn 2, but then he bounced off the wall going into turn 3 and was all over the shop when Tom went for the gap he left and Drew fell. Special mention to Jack Smith who is picking up important points and is fantastic out the gate. When he builds his speed up he will be top notch at reserve.