British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fred5

Rebels vs Pirates

12 hours ago, BobC said:

Paul Starke in for Pirates.

12 hours ago, BobC said:

Paul Starke in for Pirates.

Thought Starke was in for the Rebels ? , does anyone know the full line up?

Starke and Jenkins in for Covatti and Busk Jakobsen. (Covatti rides for Somerset)

Bates in for Groubauer.

I know it was a challenge match but this just proves the gulf in class between the top 2 divisions. People who tried saying “they are basically the same now” couldn’t be any more wrong. If Poole had their usual reserves it looks like they would of hit 60 comfortably.

What’s happened to the track again - in the week we had ‘great action’ which a few years ago wouldn’t of made the top 100 races in a season list, now from reading the updates if you move off the white line you go backwards?? Perhaps someone who was there could clarify.

This was supposed to be a celebration of 20 years of speedway at Somerset but the atmosphere was very flat, not a particularly good crowd either.

Only Bates, Atkins and Rowe performed creditibly for the Rebs.

Best race was Jenkins holding off Todd Kurtz in ht 8

• Like 1

6 hours ago, arnieg said:

This was supposed to be a celebration of 20 years of speedway at Somerset but the atmosphere was very flat, not a particularly good crowd either.

Chuffed for Rowe arnieg being a Swindon asset i  want him to progress how did he do.? Be great if Gary May sticks with Atkins/ Rowe all season it will be worth it longterm.Workington showed that with young Bickley a bit of faith in someone works glad Kyle has started this year well onwards and upwards for him.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Chuffed for Rowe arnieg being a Swindon asset i  want him to progress how did he do.? Be great if Gary May sticks with Atkins/ Rowe all season it will be worth it longterm.Workington showed that with young Bickley a bit of faith in someone works glad Kyle has started this year well onwards and upwards for him.

Ive known Anders since he could hardly sit on a bike,from his early days at Weymouth.

Over the last 2 weeks, Ive watched him ride at Plymouth,Kent, Berwick and Somerset. Good performances everywhere except Berwick,where most struggled anyway. By far his best was at Somerset.Always in the mix doing a great job at reserve. Pleased for him and enjoyed chatting with his grandparents too.

I agree that Rebels should stick with the reserves all season. They will only get better.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Najjer said:

What’s happened to the track again - in the week we had ‘great action’ which a few years ago wouldn’t of made the top 100 races in a season list, now from reading the updates if you move off the white line you go backwards?? Perhaps someone who was there could clarify.

Spot on Najjer , first time at the OTA this year for me.

Racing wise the track was terrible anyone who went wide went backwards.  Don't know if the possibility of rain influenced the way it was prepared. they used to rip up the outside before the start to create dirt ... not last night though. 

Rowe had a good meeting

Edited by idh
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, arnieg said:

That’s both sad and worrying to hear. People perhaps just aren’t prepared to pay £16 for Chanpionship after paying near as damn it the same for Premiership speedway. As last night proves the gulf in class between the two is huge.

1 hour ago, BobC said:

Ive known Anders since he could hardly sit on a bike,from his early days at Weymouth.

Over the last 2 weeks, Ive watched him ride at Plymouth,Kent, Berwick and Somerset. Good performances everywhere except Berwick,where most struggled anyway. By far his best was at Somerset.Always in the mix doing a great job at reserve. Pleased for him and enjoyed chatting with his grandparents too.

I agree that Rebels should stick with the reserves all season. They will only get better.

I would like to think Anders will be in the Swindon side in about 2/3 three years time.I have followed his progress since first seeing him on the mini Swindon track and i believe technically he is a very good rider.I want all the young Brits to push on and we are getting some numbers through now which is great.

No interest in this meeting at all for me, so I stayed away. I went to the Eastbourne match but didn't enjoy the racing up to usual standard as very little outside line then. I'm not a fan of the composition of the Somerset side this year. 

5 minutes ago, speedybee said:

No interest in this meeting at all for me, so I stayed away. I went to the Eastbourne match but didn't enjoy the racing up to usual standard as very little outside line then. I'm not a fan of the composition of the Somerset side this year. 

You and me both - it’s acrually probably the most ‘un-Somerset’ team there has been since we had Steve Johnston at number 1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

That’s both sad and worrying to hear. People perhaps just aren’t prepared to pay £16 for Chanpionship after paying near as damn it the same for Premiership speedway. As last night proves the gulf in class between the two is huge.

Despite Somerset tracking 2 established Premiership heat leaders, one of which was being touted heavily as 'should have been Poole's number 1' during the winter!!!

20 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Despite Somerset tracking 2 established Premiership heat leaders, one of which was being touted heavily as 'should have been Poole's number 1' during the winter!!!

Chris Harris let us down numerous times last year, he only ups his game for Poole , championship for him is to try things out , has more mechanical breakdowns in championship than premiership

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

But compare the reserves, that’s the main difference. Also Somerset fans were watching the World Champion last year. For a minimal reduction that equals a big come down, especially if the racing isn’t cutting it. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

The photo on the BSPA site with the results from this meeting show a race with the riders lined up Red, Blue, White, Yellow at the gate. Did this happen or is the photo from another meeting?