British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fred5

Rebels vs Pirates

12 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

The photo on the BSPA site with the results from this meeting show a race with the riders lined up Red, Blue, White, Yellow at the gate. Did this happen or is the photo from another meeting?

Must be another meeting as Red and Yellow have the Rebels bibs on

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Must be another meeting as Red and Yellow have the Rebels bibs on

That could be from last night. 

The line up for the memorial race after ht 15 was: Todd, Brady, Holder, Harris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

The photo on the BSPA site with the results from this meeting show a race with the riders lined up Red, Blue, White, Yellow at the gate. Did this happen or is the photo from another meeting?

Heat 16 at the Oaktree last night - won by Jack Holder! :t:

They drew for gate positions.

13 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Heat 16 at the Oaktree last night - won by Jack Holder! :t:

They drew for gate positions.

Race was not metioned on the Updates site. Thanks for the infomation.

14 hours ago, Najjer said:

That’s both sad and worrying to hear. People perhaps just aren’t prepared to pay £16 for Championship after paying near as damn it the same for Premiership speedway. As last night proves the gulf in class between the two is huge.

I agree the gap is huge,it's certainly killed off any promotion and relegation, remember that ?

I remember a few seasons back (,before i stopped going 5 or 6 years ago) when Rebels were in the second division, the current Poole side would have been a second division side, we had Nick Morris, Josh G, and Doyle, now you are paying more for a lot less with a 38 point limit. At the end of season with the team average risen to 45 or more and riders on a false average compared to their ability,  you will weaken it further the following season.I wonder how many pensioners still go with no OAP discount? When i last attended, apart from Najjer all the people i used to see an stand with 20 or even 10 years ago no longer attended, and they can't all be dead. very sad !:sad:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I agree the gap is huge,it's certainly killed off any promotion and relegation, remember that ?

I remember a few seasons back (,before i stopped going 5 or 6 years ago) when Rebels were in the second division, the current Poole side would have been a second division side, we had Nick Morris, Josh G, and Doyle, now you are paying more for a lot less with a 38 point limit. At the end of season with the team average risen to 45 or more and riders on a false average compared to their ability,  you will weaken it further the following season.I wonder how many pensioners still go with no OAP discount? When i last attended, apart from Najjer all the people i used to see an stand with 20 or even 10 years ago no longer attended, and they can't all be dead. very sad !:sad:

They were the days when the 2nd division was quality - we were spoiled with a great racetrack and watching a quality team of racers too. Add Charles Wright and Alex Davies to the riders you’ve named too. Quality entertainment week in week out.

You’re right on that last point too - where I stood there used to be a group of 10 or more I expect and it used to be crammed for space. Last year it was just me and Willowman.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Najjer said:

They were the days when the 2nd division was quality - we were spoiled with a great racetrack and watching a quality team of racers too. Add Charles Wright and Alex Davies to the riders you’ve named too. Quality entertainment week in week out.

You’re right on that last point too - where I stood there used to be a group of 10 or more I expect and it used to be crammed for space. Last year it was just me and Willowman.

Keep going guys, very soon you will have no Somerset Speedway to moan about, some of us still enjoy our Speedway whatever!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Buttons said:

Keep going guys, very soon you will have no Somerset Speedway to moan about, some of us still enjoy our Speedway whatever!

Nothing being ‘moaned about’ in the the two posts between me and oldtimer. More a trip down memory lane with probably the best team we ever had, especially for entertainment purposes. Remember when Alex Davies flew over the back straight fence and then came back out and won 2 races afterwards. That was quality.

I am hoping to still be able to get to a couple of matches in the summer. I asked about the track earlier in the thread and have only had replies to qualify that the outside of the track is non existent at the moment. Is that right?

On 5/4/2019 at 8:36 AM, Najjer said:

I asked about the track earlier in the thread and have only had replies to qualify that the outside of the track is non existent at the moment. Is that right?

On Wed Yes but i understand that other meetings have been different which would suggest that it was prepared with the possibility of rain 

8 hours ago, idh said:

On Wed Yes but i understand that other meetings have been different which would suggest that it was prepared with the possibility of rain 

There was pictures on the Facebook page of the track being watered before the meeting. Wasn’t it sunny Wednesday?