British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bjcol

bandits v diamonds sat6th april

On 4/4/2019 at 7:23 PM, Normski said:

Clegg has never been that impressive around Berwick, although he will be in amongst the points at Newcastle.

Well you're spot on about clegg at the gate & go & follow the leader track of the championship.. here's hoping the diamonds can pull it back tomorrow but I doubt it well done Berwick

2 things I wish for tomorrow at BROUGH is that when it says tapes up at 18.30 let's do it & a diamonds win 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bjcol said:

well donelads another easy win on a cold night

1 hour ago, bjcol said:

well donelads another easy win on a cold night

F##k of zzzzzzz

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pienpeesman said:

Well you're spot on about clegg at the gate & go & follow the leader track of the championship.. here's hoping the diamonds can pull it back tomorrow but I doubt it well done Berwick

It's on a league basis.  'All' we need to do is win by 7 points or more, to stop them getting any league points.

10 hours ago, StevePark said:

It's on a league basis.  'All' we need to do is win by 7 points or more, to stop them getting any league points.

I thought the aggregate winner got a bonus point? 

11 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

No,just a extra point for winning by over 7 points,

1 hour ago, diamond@heart said:

That was scrapped years ago.

Not quite as much excitement this week as last mainly down to track conditions which was heavy and also that Newcastle never really got going until the second half of the meeting and by then Berwick held a decent lead. Excellent from Steven Worrall and Lasse Bjerre once he got his bike going while the two Newcastle reserves were disappointing. Berwick were strong throughout but young reserve Leon Flint caught the eye most, scoring in all his rides which is way more than should be expected from him.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, screm said:

Not quite as much excitement this week as last mainly down to track conditions which was heavy and also that Newcastle never really got going until the second half of the meeting and by then Berwick held a decent lead. Excellent from Steven Worrall and Lasse Bjerre once he got his bike going while the two Newcastle reserves were disappointing. Berwick were strong throughout but young reserve Leon Flint caught the eye most, scoring in all his rides which is way more than should be expected from him.

Can't argue with that, racing wasn't as good as the week before, I actually thought the rain in the morning might help, but it did look a bit heavy. Meeting was won early on, but for a couple of engine failures, the score might have been bigger.

Once again the difference in the sides was the reserves scoring, both Coty and Leon scoring very well. 

Hopefully it was down to the weather, but the crowd was very poor last night I thought. Seemed well down on previous years when Newcastle are here, both locals and visitors.

31 minutes ago, topsoil said:

Can't argue with that, racing wasn't as good as the week before, I actually thought the rain in the morning might help, but it did look a bit heavy. Meeting was won early on, but for a couple of engine failures, the score might have been bigger.

Once again the difference in the sides was the reserves scoring, both Coty and Leon scoring very well. 

Hopefully it was down to the weather, but the crowd was very poor last night I thought. Seemed well down on previous years when Newcastle are here, both locals and visitors.

Casual Fans from Edinburgh and surrounding area would be put off with weather conditions  very wet and damp  ALLDAY  and very misty,driving conditions were poor IMO.Still poor this morning.

Once again we had a referee who appears not to know the new starting procedure, not illuminating the green light until the Starting Marshall has walked clear past the rear of the bikes. Then it was green light and go. The green light is supposed to be illuminated as soon as the Starting Marshall has indicated he is happy the riders are lined up correctly and BEFORE the starting Marshall moves to rear of the bikes. Yesterday's ref is supposed to be the HEAD HONCHO of referees yet he didn't apply the regs as laid down. What chance do the rest have?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, leander said:

Once again we had a referee who appears not to know the new starting procedure, not illuminating the green light until the Starting Marshall has walked clear past the rear of the bikes. Then it was green light and go. The green light is supposed to be illuminated as soon as the Starting Marshall has indicated he is happy the riders are lined up correctly and BEFORE the starting Marshall moves to rear of the bikes. Yesterday's ref is supposed to be the HEAD HONCHO of referees yet he didn't apply the regs as laid down. What chance do the rest have?

Not a surprise ,likes the limelight does Mr Mc G.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, leander said:

I asked someone last week (a Starting Marshal) and the reply I got was "it's up to the referee."  If this is indeed correct (and I have no doubt it is), what's the point of having the rule and being able to use the 'old' rule?  It's just going to confuse.

9 minutes ago, StevePark said:

I asked someone last week (a Starting Marshal) and the reply I got was "it's up to the referee."  If this is indeed correct (and I have no doubt it is), what's the point of having the rule and being able to use the 'old' rule?  It's just going to confuse.

You couldn’t make it up,this sport has not got a clue how to govern itself.:rolleyes:

You see the rules flouted every season with the referees unable to interpretate them in the same way as the rule makers.