British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eaglesno1

Eastbourne vs Birmingham 06/04/19 Champ. Shield

https://www.eastbourne-speedway.com/new-era-eagles-ready-to-go/

Teams: 

Eastbourne: Edward Kennett, Ben Morley, Alfie Bowtell, Lewi Kerr, Richard Lawson, Georgie Wood, Tom Brennan.

Birmingham: Ulrich Ostergaard, Tobias Thomsen, Zach Wajtknecht, Ashley Morris, Kyle Newman, Paco Castagna, James Shanes.

Really looking forward to this meeting and the first sight of the Eagles in the Championship. Should be a comfortable win for the Eagles especially after Birmingham's performance against 'Wolves select' tonight, but you never know because only Lawson and Kerr from the Eagles have ridden in meetings so far. 

Edited by eaglesno1

Big home win.

Eastbourne web site and social media making it clear that the weather is dry in Sussex with no rain forecast. I can confirm that is correct. Dry as a bone; I have been in the garden watering this morning.

Edited by Richard Weston

Decent meeting at a freezing Arlington tonight. Some good racing by a battling Brummies side watched by a good crowd.

Good meeting to start the season, although there wasn't a lot of passing as unusually there was very little dirt on the outside of the track.

Our heatleaders were very impressive and will be tough to beat around Arlington. Morley and Brennan looked decent. Just need Bowtell to get dialled in at home and Jon Cook said Wood was trying new setups so may explain his poor score.

Although we lost i really enjoyed that. Kennett; Lawson and Kerr will win Eagles a lot of matches home and away. Zak and Paco undoubted stars for Brummies.

Some very good racing on a very cold night in front of what looked like a big crowd, the upstairs seating area was packed, usually a handful in there, someone local told me he thought over 1000. Encouraged by way Brummies stemmed tide and were only 6 points behind after 10 or so heats, both teams could do better than a lot of people think.

Will go back for our KOC on Good Friday I only hope its a bit warmer. Meeting Presentation was very slick.

6 minutes ago, HGould said:

Although we lost i really enjoyed that. Kennett; Lawson and Kerr will win Eagles a lot of matches home and away. Zak and Paco undoubted stars for Brummies.

Some very good racing on a very cold night in front of what looked like a big crowd, the upstairs seating area was packed, usually a handful in there, someone local told me he thought over 1000. Encouraged by way Brummies stemmed tide and were only 6 points behind after 10 or so heats, both teams could do better than a lot of people think.

Will go back for our KOC on Good Friday I only hope its a bit warmer. Meeting Presentation was very slick.

I felt it was well  over 1000, looked a lot better than the last few 'Elite '  days. 

Agree about Zach and Paco but also thought Morris came on well as the meeting progressed after an uncertain start. However I was surprised that Shanes did not do better.  He used to go well at  Arlington and was a thorn in our side when riding for Kent.

For the eagles I was pleased to see Morley and Brennan give support to the top three.  After an excellent win in heat one Ben came a cropper making an outside pass attempt which I think unsettled him a bit. He looks like being a real asset.

As for Tom he did the same thing when having a go around the outside shortly after.  He just took the move up from NL to CL in his stride.

Alfie Bowtell needs a spell at reserve and time to learn how to ride the track which as I have said before is not one he does well on. I would think Martin Dugard and Eddie Kennett will help him with that.

• No surprises, as 'home' track advantage was definitely the deciding factor...not the 'BIG' home win that nearly everyone predicted?
  • A 14 point loss at Eastbourne is no disgrace.....
  • Well done Paco....hope you keep managing to silence the doubters!
  • Like 1