British Speedway Forum

7 hours ago, Najjer said:

Out of interest, how has Craig Cook even got a testimonial?

Got to have at least 10 year in speedway then can apply or be nominated for a testimonial so any Tom dick and Harry speedway rider can have one, maybe the ones in most need of money do apply for one !!!

• Haha 1

i  think it has to be 10 yrs of unbroken service  to speedway and to have not asked for a transfer away from a club .richard lawson started before craig , but somewhere down the line his service to speedway was deemed to have been broken . i.e.asked to leave the clubs he rode for .

31 minutes ago, Gunner85 said:

Who is actually riding ?

Not a clue , i hate testimonials 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

Who is actually riding ?

good point less than 2 weeks away and no mention of a line up.... :o

not the best way to advertise your testimonial 

Will the programme be printed in black and white? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I cannot for the life of me understand why Craig is not promoting this like mad ?  I have just this minute checked on his website, and there doesnt seem to be ANY MENTION of it !

Does he want a testimonial or not ? Its now just over ONE WEEK AWAY and as far as I can see there is TOTAL SILENCE regarding things like obtaining advance tickets and intended lineups etc. I spoke to Glasgow Speedway who said (as apparently with all testimonials), they are not involved in any way with ticket sales for Craigs do. They suggested I looked at his website, which as I said previously, doesnt have any mention about it !

I fear this event will either not go ahead, or at least, will be severely under attended !

Please see post from last Thursday further up the thread. If it’s still not coming up for you let me know. 

Advertisement in this weeks star four team tournament Glasgow, Workington, Edinburgh and Belle vue, no riders mentioned.

4 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

I cannot for the life of me understand why Craig is not promoting this like mad ?  I have just this minute checked on his website, and there doesnt seem to be ANY MENTION of it !

Does he want a testimonial or not ? Its now just over ONE WEEK AWAY and as far as I can see there is TOTAL SILENCE regarding things like obtaining advance tickets and intended lineups etc. I spoke to Glasgow Speedway who said (as apparently with all testimonials), they are not involved in any way with ticket sales for Craigs do. They suggested I looked at his website, which as I said previously, doesnt have any mention about it !

I fear this event will either not go ahead, or at least, will be severely under attended !

Hardly total silence! It's been promoted all over twitter for a good few months now, and retweeted by Glasgow, Edinburgh etc. 

Have seen loads of stuff on there about Rider sponsorship packages, Heat sponsorship, Mascot packages, Pin badges, Tickets and can be all be bought online on his website, tickets include a free easter egg and programme if bought online!

Craig is by far the most active rider in the UK in regards of Promoting himself on Social media and has a big following on there, i'm sure something special is lined up to announce the line up.

The advertisement that's been posted and that's also in the Speedway star offers an idea of who will be riding i'd say.

Marksman, not everyone is on twitter. :unsure: Personally I think Sunday would have been a better day.:cheers:

Edited by tyretrax
  • Like 2

It may well be promoted via twitter etc but this seams to be begging for sponsorship, myself and most other people would like to see a potential line up with some/all riders named, then we can decide to travel hundreds of miles to potentially support this meeting, Has anyone !! got any names PLEASE

25 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Marksman, not everyone is on twitter. :unsure: Personally I think Sunday would have been a better day.:cheers:

Think Easter Sunday is a very big day in Poland for speedway so not many riders will be available

On 4/10/2019 at 11:21 PM, Gunner85 said:

Who is actually riding ?

you can  cross one  ex Glasgow son OFF cookies  list for sure .  :wub:

Edited by jenga
forgot the X

5 hours ago, jenga said:

you can  cross one  ex Glasgow son OFF cookies  list for sure .  :wub:

Are you sure