British Speedway Forum

Was looking for a moan free thread and alas I stumbled into this one. I see the nice weather hasn't put everyone on here in a good mood apparently.:D

22 minutes ago, H20 said:

Which of the four teams racing has MPT rode for then ?

Looks like he been struggling to get riders to me. That's why he not announced any before now.

Guested for them all at one stage or another so that makes him eligible.

Edited by Gazc

4 hours ago, jenga said:

heard Greg Hancock wants to ride for Glasgow . there , that should put a few on the gate .

lets just hope the A.T.M. at the fuel station does not run out of cash .. that could be a bit of a dummer .

A dummer you are indeed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It's not really moaning just trying to understand why a rider pushing his own testimonial has not realised half the riders riding in there meeting. 

Just seems strange to have a meeting g of this scale and not release the people we are going to watch. Yes its Craig we will all be there for but having the riders competing is a must surely.

2 minutes ago, H20 said:

It's not really moaning just trying to understand why a rider pushing his own testimonial has not realised half the riders riding in there meeting. 

Just seems strange to have a meeting g of this scale and not release the people we are going to watch. Yes its Craig we will all be there for but having the riders competing is a must surely.

To be fair whilst it would be nice it appears that having this on the Easter weekend may have backfired. I will be there though on a nice warm Saturday evening regardless who is riding.  

And I am sure there will be plenty others from elsewhere who will attend if it is such a big deal for people regarding the line up they just don't go simple, rather than all the moaning on here about it.

Well it looks like I'm coming up from Workington to watch cookies 'guess the rider' testimonial, better bring a spare pen to write in the last minute attractions !! Well at least it won't be rained off, hope cookie has signed the water cart to ride round :) and it's 3 times champions tee shirt weather as well !!!!

Edited by Neila
Words added
  • Thanks 1

Surely he knows who is going to be riding or is the race card going to be full of blanks for us to fill in?
Maybe he has testimonial pens for sale as we're going to need more ink than usual?

Edited by cinderfella
  • Haha 1

Josh Pickering said tonight he is riding.  Just another 8 (?) riders to figure out.  

16 minutes ago, Cj69 said:

Josh Pickering said tonight he is riding.  Just another 8 (?) riders to figure out.  

Paul Stake, Michael Palm Toft and Tom Jorgensen were also announced tonight. Think that leaves 5 places to guess about.

I agree it is no the most helpful way to publicise a meeting, however he did announce that the match is a 4 team tourney with teams from Glasgow, Belle Vue, Workington and Edinburgh and he listed the captains as Max Fricke, Sam Masters Ricky Wells and I assume he is riding and will be a captain. He added Steve Worrall, Dan Bewley , Justin Sedgmen and Richard Lawson. Tonight he's added Josh Pickering, Paul Starke, Palm Toft and Jorgensen that makes 12 riders with 4 to go. Not a bad line up so far although Jorgensen is a surprise as he hasn't ridden for any of the 4 teams before whilst the rest have. Anyway if you are a Tigers comets, aces or monarchs fan id think you would want to support a rider that has entertained you over the years

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, SharpenRake said:

I agree it is no the most helpful way to publicise a meeting, however he did announce that the match is a 4 team tourney with teams from Glasgow, Belle Vue, Workington and Edinburgh and he listed the captains as Max Fricke, Sam Masters Ricky Wells and I assume he is riding and will be a captain. He added Steve Worrall, Dan Bewley , Justin Sedgmen and Richard Lawson. Tonight he's added Josh Pickering, Paul Starke, Palm Toft and Jorgensen that makes 12 riders with 4 to go. Not a bad line up so far although Jorgensen is a surprise as he hasn't ridden for any of the 4 teams before whilst the rest have. Anyway if you are a Tigers comets, aces or monarchs fan id think you would want to support a rider that has entertained you over the years

Thomas rode for Workington. MPT has never ridden for any of the four clubs apart, as previously suggested, as a guest.

40 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Thomas rode for Workington. MPT has never ridden for any of the four clubs apart, as previously suggested, as a guest.

Palm Toft rode for the aces in 2014

• Thanks 1

Just noticed that even the SGB page can only name the team captains on their preview page.
This has got to be the most secretive meeting ever

I am sure that after paying over your cash all of the riders riding tonight will be announced before they take to the track. Or announced at the end of each race they take part in. Not knowing really heightens the tension AND reduces unrealistic expectations.