British Speedway Forum

I thought it was Richard Lawson who was meant to be riding not William Lawson?
can't help but feel there are going to be a lot of disappointed fans.

With all of his teams/experience in speedway and he can only attract that lineup? Surely says a lot about the man himself.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cinderfella said:

I thought it was Richard Lawson who was meant to be riding not William Lawson?
can't help but feel there are going to be a lot of disappointed fans.

It is Richard Lawson

• Thanks 1

Be interesting to know how many blank spaces there were in the programme?

4 minutes ago, Marksman said:

It is Richard Lawson

YEs so i see now - Mistake on updates page lol

17 minutes ago, JCookie said:

With all of his teams/experience in speedway and he can only attract that lineup? Surely says a lot about the man himself.

Not sure I agree. Line ups in meetings like this have been a bit off the last few years. Going off your comment then what does it say about the lads in wheelchairs who are supported by the Ben fund?

Like I say, I don’t agree with this thinking but you’re entitled to your opinion on a public forum. 

Despite all the criticism I enjoyed the meet.  Some good races in great weather.  The team mascots are great and kept my kids entertained throughout.  

Line up was never going to have an impact if I turned up or not but as an Edin fan was good to see a few monarchs legends in there.  Crowd was decent not sure how it compares to a usual league meeting.  

• Like 3

Spot on  re moaners you do despair at times .One suspects none of them within 100 miles of the meeting.Max Fricke a joy to watch 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, cinderfella said:

Be interesting to know how many blank spaces there were in the programme?

None

4 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

What updates page? 

In the fours thread 

41 minutes ago, Cj69 said:

Despite all the criticism I enjoyed the meet.  Some good races in great weather.  The team mascots are great and kept my kids entertained throughout.  

Line up was never going to have an impact if I turned up or not but as an Edin fan was good to see a few monarchs legends in there.  Crowd was decent not sure how it compares to a usual league meeting.  

As testimonials go this was not bad some decent racing and it helps when it is warm.

As for the crowd it was slightly down on a typical league meeting but still a very healthy turnout.

Nice to see a few up from Workington.

• Like 2

Not a bad nights entertainment despite the uncertainty over the line up. Highlight though was Sam masters tapping cook on the arm going down back straight after being moved over on bend 2. 

1 hour ago, DSC67 said:

In the fours thread 

Thanks, assumed it be in the testimonials section. Always like to read the updates and comments just to see if I was at the same match as the texter. Just to say for those relying on the updates the big screen did update the scores despite what the updates said. It was clearly announced that Heat 17 was a top scorers race but cookie wouldn't be riding as he wanted the 4 prizes to be won by riders that had supported him rather than him winning one of his prizes. Would thank all riders including the no limits youngsters with Jack Smith looking more comfortable than when last rode for us and Jordan Palin looking a real prospect. 

• Like 2