British Speedway Forum

I dragged myself along, choked with the cold, to support my pal Cookie and I’m glad I did. As testimonials go, this rates well. Great to see Craig giving meaningful track time to the youngsters who were very entertaining. The main event had lots of old and existing Edinburgh riders battling it out in a decent line-up. Such a shame the meeting was sandwiched between Edinburgh home and Newcastle away or I’m sure there would’ve been more Monarchs fans there. Everything appeared to go as planned and it looked like Craig enjoyed his well deserved day

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gr8scot said:

I dragged myself along, choked with the cold, to support my pal Cookie and I’m glad I did. As testimonials go, this rates well. Great to see Craig giving meaningful track time to the youngsters who were very entertaining. The main event had lots of old and existing Edinburgh riders battling it out in a decent line-up. Such a shame the meeting was sandwiched between Edinburgh home and Newcastle away or I’m sure there would’ve been more Monarchs fans there. Everything appeared to go as planned and it looked like Craig enjoyed his well deserved day

I must admit, our "Group" that came all the way up from Workington were gobsmacked at how few Monarchs fans were there !  Was this the GENUINE reason do you think ?  Or do they have other "conditions" regarding away trips to Glasgae ?

2 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

I must admit, our "Group" that came all the way up from Workington were gobsmacked at how few Monarchs fans were there !  Was this the GENUINE reason do you think ?  Or do they have other "conditions" regarding away trips to Glasgae ?

I’d certainly like to think so after the superb 5 years Cookie gave us

There are a small few who haven’t gone to Glasgow since “that letter” and a small few who don’t like that Craig “defected to the enemy” but, I for one, will never forget Craig’s contribution to Monarchs and the joy it was to watch him then and now. The lad has to earn a living and always wears his team colours with pride

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Enjoyed the meeting, great weather, good racing  and friendly fans.

I thought there were many Monarchs fans there especially on the fourth bend area, standout races for me were Lawson and Fricke then Cook and Masters.

Went along. Sponsored one of Edinburgh race jackets (Sam), would have been nice to have been afforded the chance to get an official picture taken with Smiler Sam. Joshie was good and it was great  to see old Monarchs boys Max and Sam ride. Two boys who I feel could hold their own in GP series. Lovely to see Will and Debbie again. Still maintain Cookie too good for div 2 and should be mixing it in Scandinavia/ Poland to enhance chances of GP return. Time will tell, hope I am proven wrong. 

2 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Went along. Sponsored one of Edinburgh race jackets (Sam), would have been nice to have been afforded the chance to get an official picture taken with Smiler Sam. Joshie was good and it was great  to see old Monarchs boys Max and Sam ride. Two boys who I feel could hold their own in GP series. Lovely to see Will and Debbie again. Still maintain Cookie too good for div 2 and should be mixing it in Scandinavia/ Poland to enhance chances of GP return. Time will tell, hope I am proven wrong. 

Fricke should definitely have sights on the GP but feel it’s probably a bit too much of a stretch for Masters and probably Cook to be honest.