British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

I am sure that after paying over your cash all of the riders riding tonight will be announced before they take to the track. Or announced at the end of each race they take part in. Not knowing really heightens the tension AND reduces unrealistic expectations.

....and sadly for Craig possibly reduces the attendance of what should be a big day for him?

Edited by cinderfella
Spelling mistook

Maybe your all missing the point of this. It’s a different way of thinking to promote/not promote a testimonial meeting. It’s thinking outside the box and it’s quite refreshing to see someone do something different. I’m not a Craig Cook fan I live in London but looking how he conducts himself and promotes himself with his sponsors and fan club he’s just the character the sport needs to liven things up. Really hope it goes well for him tonight. And if Greg Hancock is riding then the people that wanna be there for Cook will benefit more than the people that moan who will miss out. 

• Confused 1

I think Craig has been a breath of fresh air the way he has promoted himself these last few years to his fans. Very professional getting his support squad up and running. Also getting this meeting sorted the only mistake has been I think he has been let down by riders availability it's the only reason as to why you would not announce your rider line up. Every other testimonial lists rides early on and we know some fail to make it due to injury rearranged meetings etc.

Interesting to see the program to see if any riders are listed or will it be blank.

Or maybe some riders don't want to ride in a Mr cook meeting !! Just saying like

50 minutes ago, H20 said:

I think Craig has been a breath of fresh air the way he has promoted himself these last few years to his fans. Very professional getting his support squad up and running. Also getting this meeting sorted the only mistake has been I think he has been let down by riders availability it's the only reason as to why you would not announce your rider line up. Every other testimonial lists rides early on and we know some fail to make it due to injury rearranged meetings etc.

Interesting to see the program to see if any riders are listed or will it be blank.

Since there is only one other meeting on in the UK do we assume if it is a problem with rider availability there are all sunning themselves  for Easter.
I find it a bit strange that few of his Team GB teammates haven't been named especially as only Bomber is the only one currently injured?
Who knows maybe the final names will include Woofy, Lambert and even Greg?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

Since there is only one other meeting on in the UK do we assume if it is a problem with rider availability there are all sunning themselves  for Easter.
I find it a bit strange that few of his Team GB teammates haven't been named especially as only Bomber is the only one currently injured?
Who knows maybe the final names will include Woofy, Lambert and even Greg?

I have a sneaky suspicion you could be right!!

1 hour ago, rocketrod said:

Maybe your all missing the point of this. It’s a different way of thinking to promote/not promote a testimonial meeting. It’s thinking outside the box and it’s quite refreshing to see someone do something different. I’m not a Craig Cook fan I live in London but looking how he conducts himself and promotes himself with his sponsors and fan club he’s just the character the sport needs to liven things up. Really hope it goes well for him tonight. And if Greg Hancock is riding then the people that wanna be there for Cook will benefit more than the people that moan who will miss out. 

I did suggest that earlier:

cinderfella

• cinderfella
  • Members
  • 218 posts
  • Interests:Speedway (since 1968), Music, photography and computers
  • Team:Glasgow but speedway in general

Just had a thought - is Cookie not really publicising his meeting because he wants folk to turn up who genuinely support and appreciate him no matter the standard of the meeting rather than fans who only go along to see big pull names!

• Thanks 1

i think you can say that Mr Chessell is in tonight ........... maybe even Danny ....

FOR  a bit of fun . 

can anyone put it on here just what the 4 teams could be . ya know.. cookie will ride for workington , as will dan bewley and rickeeeeeey wells . guest will be mason campton ..  with young kyle @ reserve ... summat lyke that marras .. .

Edited by jenga
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, jenga said:

i think you can say that Mr Chessell is in tonight ........... maybe even Danny ....

FOR  a bit of fun . 

can anyone put it on here just what the 4 teams could be . ya know.. cookie will ride for workington , as will dan bewley and rickeeeeeey wells . guest will be mason campton ..  with young kyle @ reserve ... summat lyke that marras .. .

I take it you won't be attending, shame that :rofl:

28 minutes ago, jenga said:

FOR  a bit of fun . 

BV: Max Fricke, Steve Worrall, Dan Bewley  Michael Palm Toft
Edinburgh: Sam Masters, Josh Pickering, Justin Sedgman, William Lawson
Glasgow: Cookie, Paul Starke, Greg Hancock, James Sarjent
Worky: Ricky Wells, Richard Lawson. Tom Jorgensen, Kyle Bickley

Bearing in mind the secrecy surrounding the line up a Mason could have been a good inclusion. (assuming he is even over here)

2 minutes ago, cinderfella said:

BV: Max Fricke, Steve Worrall, Dan Bewley  Michael Palm Toft
Edinburgh: Sam Masters, Josh Pickering, Justin Sedgman, William Lawson
Glasgow: Cookie, Paul Starke, Greg Hancock, James Sarjent
Worky: Ricky Wells, Richard Lawson. Tom Jorgensen, Kyle Bickley

Bearing in mind the secrecy surrounding the line up a Mason could have been a good inclusion. (assuming he is even over here)

Josh Mcdonald to get a run out ?

Just now, jenga said:

Josh Mcdonald to get a run out ?

In the race against the mascots?

Just now, cinderfella said:

In the race against the mascots?

thats going to be tuff for him . 

Is Hancock confirmed?

I must be in the minority that think Craig’s biggest achilles heel is his social media persona.