The rain has saved the Aces from getting a good thrashing  :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

The rain has saved the Aces from getting a good thrashing  :D

yeah we were really petrified :rofl:

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Tonight been called off.

...thanks rob. I was just getting ready to set off. Wonder why they didn’t use the track covers? 

1 hour ago, Speedtiger said:

...thanks rob. I was just getting ready to set off. Wonder why they didn’t use the track covers? 

Pretty useless if its raining at start time...………...which the forecast said it would be.

13 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Pretty useless if its raining at start time...………...which the forecast said it would be.

Fair point. But surely they would have put the covers down as they wouldn’t have know that for certain mid afternoon? 

Edited by Speedtiger

22 hours ago, Cupidstunt said:

I take it Peterbrough altered their track then, i'm sure last time I went show ground was big fast and open.

young Dan needs time and no pressure putting on him

Ok. What I should of said was.. Dan will feel more comfortable on his home track, it's wide and has different racing lines, and he is used to how it is prepared. It should give him a bit of confidence.. 

Of course he needs time and no pressure, to regain his confidence and race fitness.

18 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

And the forecast was right.

Raining late afternoon... raining at start time... still raining at what would have been finishing time.   And the temperature never rose above 4 degrees.   Even if riding had been somehow possible with the superb NSS drainage (it wasn't), no one would have wanted to stand/sit out in that weather for 2 hours.

Only an idiot would think the promotion didn't make the right call.  (cue the forum idiot).

• Like 1

Meeting re-arranged for this Wednesday April 10th.

Nice and quick re arrangement. Good to see. 

Crowd could go either way here. On one hand its school holidays but on other utd are at home against barca

And just realised  it's not on a FRN. So again. What is the point in FRN

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

And just realised  it's not on a FRN. So again. What is the point in FRN

I guess it's early in the season so no riders will be missing from riding abroad or doubling up.Think FRN is a good idea as it should get rid of any rider clashes when all leagues are in full swing.

7 hours ago, tellboy said:

I guess it's early in the season so no riders will be missing from riding abroad or doubling up.Think FRN is a good idea as it should get rid of any rider clashes when all leagues are in full swing.

No riders missing but fans missing..

Already  one fan on Facebook needing a refund as he has changed his working nights to a Wednesday as he believed Speedway is now ran on Monday and Thursday's..

It didn't even last a week...:D

Swings and roundabouts. Last week only two of us could make it whereas this week it’s four. 

Quick and efficient rearranging, makes a change. Up The Aces’

15 hours ago, ouch said:

Swings and roundabouts. Last week only two of us could make it whereas this week it’s four. 

Quick and efficient rearranging, makes a change. Up The Aces’

Swings and roundabouts. This might be one the Aces lose out though.

Whilst they'll be getting another two people attending from your group I'll be going on my own.

The EIGHT others in my circle are NOT going - six have tickets for Man Utd v Barcelona and the other two have decided to stay at home and watch the footy on TV.

Had Aces rearranged it for the following night Thursday  - one of the advertised FRN after all - all eight would have gone.