British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ouch

Belle Vue v Peterborough PSC Thursday April 4th 7.30pm

7 minutes ago, GregoryM said:

Swings and roundabouts. This might be one the Aces lose out though.

Whilst they'll be getting another two people attending from your group I'll be going on my own.

The EIGHT others in my circle are NOT going - six have tickets for Man Utd v Barcelona and the other two have decided to stay at home and watch the footy on TV.

Had Aces rearranged it for the following night Thursday  - one of the advertised FRN after all - all eight would have gone. 

Trouble is the following night Panthers are at home to Wolves.

I would have thought they would have changed the 29th April fixture to a PSC and run another league fixture later on.

i must be honest I find it strange that they fix Premiership days as Monday and Thursday and then run on a Wednesday.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bigcatdiary said:

Fair enough. Hadn't checked that and thanks for the info.

My overall point about racing on this particular non-fixed race night still remains though, and the Aces won't be seeing any of £200 or so my friends would have spent between them if they'd been able to attend the match.

By the way, did I read somewhere that Panthers have a home match at the same time as Peterborough Utd are playing Sunderland at London Road over Easter?

If so, another daft decision made by a speedway promoter if there was anyway of avoiding it - but speedway and daft are two words that can be frequently used together in the same sentence eh?

They probably wanted to make use of the school holidays as well. Like I say swings and roundabouts. 

1 hour ago, GregoryM said:

Swings and roundabouts. This might be one the Aces lose out though.

Whilst they'll be getting another two people attending from your group I'll be going on my own.

The EIGHT others in my circle are NOT going - six have tickets for Man Utd v Barcelona and the other two have decided to stay at home and watch the footy on TV.

Had Aces rearranged it for the following night Thursday  - one of the advertised FRN after all - all eight would have gone. 

Aces away at swindon thursday 11th April !!

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

I would have thought they would have changed the 29th April fixture to a PSC and run another league fixture later on.

i must be honest I find it strange that they fix Premiership days as Monday and Thursday and then run on a Wednesday.

Aces at swindon next night also 

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

Aces away at swindon thursday 11th April !!

Yes, as I said to 'bigcatdiary' I hadn't checked the Thursday fixtures.

2 hours ago, ouch said:

They probably wanted to make use of the school holidays as well. Like I say swings and roundabouts. 

Good point - but they could have rearranged for tonight - which is a blank date on the calendar - rather than Wednesday to avoid the clash with the football.

And, though the school holidays are probably over by then, next Monday 15th is a fixed race night and is also a blank date on the calendar!!

So, as per the usual speedway logic, they don't race on two consecutive Monday nights (fixed race night) but race on the Wednesday in between instead (a non-fixed race night and a clash with Manchester United's biggest home match of the season to date).

Peterborough ride Poole on the 15th. 

Not easy is it?

Edited by ouch

1 hour ago, GregoryM said:

Yes, as I said to 'bigcatdiary' I hadn't checked the Thursday fixtures.

Good point - but they could have rearranged for tonight - which is a blank date on the calendar - rather than Wednesday to avoid the clash with the football.

And, though the school holidays are probably over by then, next Monday 15th is a fixed race night and is also a blank date on the calendar!!

So, as per the usual speedway logic, they don't race on two consecutive Monday nights (fixed race night) but race on the Wednesday in between instead (a non-fixed race night and a clash with Manchester United's biggest home match of the season to date).

again they can't peterbro at wolves tonight think you had better check the fixtures again !!

16 hours ago, geoff58 said:

again they can't peterbro at wolves tonight think you had better check the fixtures again !!

I had to smile this morning after reading your advice because :-

1. You'd obviously not understood what I meant by 'Yes, as I said to 'bigcatdiary' I hadn't checked the Thursday fixtures', so it would hardly be a case of checking them again!!

2. And then on looking at the fixtures for the first time this morning I see that Swindon v Belle Vue is now off on Thursday as 'it's just that little too early to start' for the track. Given that the work on the track alterations had started later than planned I suppose we shouldn't be too surprised, but why arrange a fixture for Thursday in the first place and then postpone. Only on Monday my friend had booked Thursday afternoon & Friday morning off work in order to go, now he's hoping he'll be able to cancel the time off with his boss so as not to waste a day's holiday.

Cany see anymore than about 700/800 tonight. Man Utd and Barcelona, that's a huge game that. Will be a lot of general interest even if you are not a Utd supporter, in the general Manchester area.

1 hour ago, acef said:

Cany see anymore than about 700/800 tonight. Man Utd and Barcelona, that's a huge game that. Will be a lot of general interest even if you are not a Utd supporter, in the general Manchester area.

management must have know about man utd game ?  its their shout at the end of the day !!

6 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

management must have know about man utd game ?  its their shout at the end of the day !!

Surely Barcelona don't have the same appeal as Aaron Summers :o

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Surely Barcelona don't have the same appeal as Aaron Summers :o

Hopefully Summers gets a hat full tonight but feel he will need to along with Hans, Tungate & Wright to stand any chance of keeping this one close.

2 hours ago, acef said:

Currently around 300 online tickets sold in the grandstand and rule of thumb is we double that so your about right for the grandstand but I reckon they’ll be a fair few in the south stand as well  

Maybe not get the usual 1800 but the cold cold west doesn’t help either.