British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Who is Marcus Crawford Birkemose ?  he rides for Grindsted

Edit he must be a very very talented youngster- see who  he is beating tonight  https://rs.dmusport.dk/loeb/4309

Birthday is October 9th but i don`t know how old he is 

I had the pleasure of seeing him live tonight for the first time.

It was a very impressive performance from him. Some great gates and always looked well in control.

I think he is still 15 at the moment, but am not 100% certain on that.

5 minutes ago, HenryW said:

I had the pleasure of seeing him live tonight for the first time.

It was a very impressive performance from him. Some great gates and always looked well in control.

I think he is still 15 at the moment, but am not 100% certain on that.

Thanks Henry- what happened to him in heat 12 ?

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

Thanks Henry- what happened to him in heat 12 ?

He didn't quite make the gate in that one and got squeezed out...Part way through the race he pulled up mid corner and lifted his arm before getting going again...I thought he was unhappy about something that had happened but it seems he might have done something to his shoulder mid race...He got it strapped up in the pits and was also wearing a sling after the meeting.

1 minute ago, HenryW said:

He didn't quite make the gate in that one and got squeezed out...Part way through the race he pulled up mid corner and lifted his arm before getting going again...I thought he was unhappy about something that had happened but it seems he might have done something to his shoulder mid race...He got it strapped up in the pits and was also wearing a sling after the meeting.

Hopefully not too bad as he rode in heat 14 after that.

6 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Hopefully not too bad as he rode in heat 14 after that.

Heat 14 was the only race that someone managed to pass him, so it might have been bothering him, but presumably can't be too bad when he could still race.

Updated table after tonight- all ridden all their regular season matches apart from Slangerup who are away to Region Varde on Friday- massive match for Region Varde and  Slangerup to see if they can make the top 2- worth repeating what happens in the 2nd phase.

the top 2 will meet home and away to decide who will host the 4 team final. The remaining 4 teams will then fight it out for the final last 2 final places- the team finishing 3rd in the regular season will have first choice who they meet over 2 matches

1 Holsted pts 23

2 Esbjerg pts 13

3 Slangerup pts 13

4 Region Varde  pts 11

5 Fjelsted pts 10

6 Grindsted pts 2

Edited by racers and royals

Big crowd expected in Outrup tonight for Region Varde`s home match with Slangerup. Region Varde need to win by more than 3 points to obtain 2nd place at the end of the regular season, which means a guaranteed start on finals night.

Any other result will mean Slangerup will race against Holsted.

Result Region Varde 40 Slangerup 43

So we know that Holsted meet Slangerup in the top 2 match(H and A) to decide which club hosts the 4 team final. the losers are in the final

Esbjerg finished 3rd and can decide who to meet over 2 legs from Region Varde,Fjelsted and Grindsted- the winners go the final

The other 2 teams meet over 2 legs with the winner in the final

Play-off dates

Wednesday August 28th Slangerup v Holsted

Wednesday August 28th  Esbjerg v Grindsted

Wednesday September 4th Holsted v Slangerup

Wednesday September 4th Grindsted v Esbjerg

Wednesday September 4th Region Varde v Fjelsted

Wednesday September 11th Fjelsted v Region Varde

Wednesday September 18th final

The Dansk Metal website is bad enough to negotiate on a PC, impossible on a phone. Ellis likely to miss any Brummies home fixtures?

Edited by Col

5 hours ago, Col said:

The Dansk Metal website is bad enough to negotiate on a PC, impossible on a phone. Ellis likely to miss any Brummies home fixtures?

He rides for Grindsted and the fixtures are in the post above yours, so i will leave it to you to check the Brum fixtures- although if a clash it doesn’t mean he will ride for Grindsted( they have a squad)