British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hamish McRaker

Craig Cook: what next?

4 hours ago, Grand Central said:

I was referring to the website that is actually about their filtration systems business ... The one that they describe as their main website ...

https://www.cfsfiltration.com

Ha, how many websites do they need! That one doesn't appear to have been updated for a while.

3 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Exactly just how hard is it to sit still and not move until the tapes go up.

Not that hard but if you want to steal march on the other three then be the first to drop the clutch - most of the time the refs call it back BUT sometimes they don't.  We know who they are, Sarjeant, Andersen, Ellis are three others that spring to mind.

20 hours ago, mikebv said:

All meetings should just adopt the Polish system..

On the Polish thread it was said all front wheels have to be 10cm away from the tapes..

And watching the racing out there, it is very strictly policed by the start marshall and ref..

No room for rollers, or 'twitching' as the tapes will be touched...

Very rarely see a restart for tapes issues in Poland..

Agree,you don’t see the riders messing the Start Marshall about like they do here ,the match I watched last week he was even straightening them up if he though they were lining up at an angle ,no messing.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2019 at 5:16 PM, screm said:

I hope he has a great meeting tonight, as far as getting a Premiership team I think Craig`s reputation is beginning to go before him now.

I never actually met Cook but he seems like a good bloke committed to the sport. Yes he has made a few mistakes but he is a top class rider and his own man who doesn’t care about what people think of him, most of which appears to be speculation and rumours. For all his loyalty for BV I think he’s been treated badly by Lemo and also by Chapman. Give him a break. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

I never actually met Cook but he seems like a good bloke committed to the sport. Yes he has made a few mistakes but he is a top class rider and his own man who doesn’t care about what people think of him, most of which appears to be speculation and rumours. For all his loyalty for BV I think he’s been treated badly by Lemo and also by Chapman. Give him a break. 

THERE is no doubt that he is also very popular with fans, as witnessed by the support he received at BV on Saturday.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

THERE is no doubt that he is also very popular with fans, as witnessed by the support he received at BV on Saturday.

Of course he is, he says, or someone does on his behalf, all the right things on social media, he encouraged fans to get behind him last year, put their names all over his van and kevlars etc etc He's also a local up Manchester way and I thought did all the right things by the club. He's been honest about his problems which goes a long way with fans too.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trees said:

Of course he is, he says, or someone does on his behalf, all the right things on social media, he encouraged fans to get behind him last year, put their names all over his van and kevlars etc etc He's also a local up Manchester way and I thought did all the right things by the club. He's been honest about his problems which goes a long way with fans too.  

I had to smile when I saw this.

Whitehaven (where Cook comes from, and is based) is over 150 miles from Manchester.

King's Lynn is nearer! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lastword said:

Whitehaven (where Cook comes from, and is based) is over 150 miles from Manchester.

Northerner isn't he, ? He"s not Scottish, Welsh, a Midlander or a Southerner!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/12/2019 at 8:41 AM, PHILIPRISING said:

ALONG with a few others!

Been a nightmare at Swindon this year! Saying that some of the refs seem to hold the tapes a bit too long

Edited by hagonshocker

7 hours ago, lastword said:

Not even Whitehaven.:unsure:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Cook was BV through and through a loyal and committed rider. The truth is Lemon and the people running BV treated him very badly and apparently messed him around in the winter and tried to screw him on money. The BV fans know what went on and that’s why he’s still popular and they get behind and support him.  I have to say I’m not a fan of the way BV is run and the arrogant attitude the management have to riders ex-riders and supporters. 

18 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Cook was BV through and through a loyal and committed rider. The truth is Lemon and the people running BV treated him very badly and apparently messed him around in the winter and tried to screw him on money. The BV fans know what went on and that’s why he’s still popular and they get behind and support him.  I have to say I’m not a fan of the way BV is run and the arrogant attitude the management have to riders ex-riders and supporters. 

You can understand why someone might have a problem taking what you say as gospel?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

You can understand why someone might have a problem taking what you say as gospel?

You can believe me or not mate but what Im saying is from someone who has worked at BV in the office for a few years and she is well connected with media side and knows whats gone on and more, a lot more. Ok it’s second hand info but I believe what she told me. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Apart from all the "apparentlys",  you only have to look back at all the other "facts" in all his previous posts which turned out to be pure fiction, to see he's just a troll with a downer on Belle Vue.

Must be awful to be that bitter.   But at least his made up stories give us a laugh.

• Like 2

So Belle Vue ‘screwed him over with money’ and Buster ‘screwed him over’ with the sponsorship thing. As the common denominator perhaps the rider himself is the issue.