British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hamish McRaker

Craig Cook: what next?

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

So Belle Vue ‘screwed him over with money’ and Buster ‘screwed him over’ with the sponsorship thing. As the common denominator perhaps the rider himself is the issue. 

Fair point bagpuss as I’m sure Craig has created some issues but he’s a loyal professional rider and has to make it pay. BV and Chapman are clearly not short of money so should pay the right points money. Screwing riders is not the way to create team loyalty..! 

I know speedway is in a real financial mess NOT caused by the Riders...BUT by the clueless clowns running the sport and clubs, they are to blame. The Riders put there lives on the line every race and they deserve top pay. 

The counter argument would be that promoters refuse to pay over the odds in order to keep their tracks open. 

Well probably never know the truth but the bottom line is that riding for Glasgow and nowhere else isn’t doing him any good. 

• Like 3

So, when the term Cooke was screwed by Belle Vue, what is it actually referring to. Is it that he was paid short of what was due from last year? or what?

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

The counter argument would be that promoters refuse to pay over the odds in order to keep their tracks open. 

Well probably never know the truth but the bottom line is that riding for Glasgow and nowhere else isn’t doing him any good. 

Yes and I see that but again from what I’m told from a very reliable source BV, who clearly have tons of cash to burn, wanted Cook to take a big pay cut and he felt undervalued and as a loyal BV No1 rider and captain and he was treated very poorly. Lemon and Smiths management skills are really very weak and they treated Craig in a very dismissive way. The disagreement with Panthers is obvious that the bully boy Buster wanted to get rid of Cook and back out of a done deal. 

As I've said before it isn’t the Riders that have ruined speedway it’s the useless idiots in Rugby and at the Clubs.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Speedtiger said:

Yes and I see that but again from what I’m told from a very reliable source BV, who clearly have tons of cash to burn, wanted Cook to take a big pay cut and he felt undervalued and as a loyal BV No1 rider and captain and he was treated very poorly. Lemon and Smiths management skills are really very weak and they treated Craig in a very dismissive way. The disagreement with Panthers is obvious that the bully boy Buster wanted to get rid of Cook and back out of a done deal. 

As I've said before it isn’t the Riders that have ruined speedway it’s the useless idiots in Rugby and at the Clubs.

Where do you get all this crap that belle vue have tons of money to burn they owe hundreds of thousands of pounds idiot.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DBP said:

Where do you get all this crap that belle vue have tons of money to burn they owe hundreds of thousands of pounds idiot.

Ok but how do you know that? 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

Ok but how do you know that? 

Most open minded people in speedway know that crowd numbers at Belle Vue are not as great as they need to be, to continue to run such a high cost  venue. I would wonder why and from where you got the inkling that the club 'has tons of cash to burn' must rank as the most stupid and untrue comments you are likely to read on this forum. I would wonder where the source of this misinformation came from, and challenge the reason for it to be said. It is seriously not true.  

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Most open minded people in speedway know that crowd numbers at Belle Vue are not as great as they need to be, to continue to run such a high cost  venue. I would wonder why and from where you got the inkling that the club 'has tons of cash to burn' must rank as the most stupid and untrue comments you are likely to read on this forum. I would wonder where the source of this misinformation came from, and challenge the reason for it to be said. It is seriously not true.  

As usual you have missed the point. If the crowds are poor, which they are and BV are losing hundreds of thousands of pounds every season, which they are, then they must have tons of cash to burn. FACT. 

• Haha 2

Ignore this guy he’s an ex freeloader who is peed off he can’t get in for nowt anymore so spends his time spreading lies. 

I stopped listening to him as I struggled to hear him anyway over the sound of him grinding his axe. :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, ouch said:

Ignore this guy he’s an ex freeloader who is peed off he can’t get in for nowt anymore so spends his time spreading lies. 

I stopped listening to him as I struggled to hear him anyway over the sound of him grinding his axe. :D

...wrong again ouch, I’m a BV season ticket holder and have been for many seasons. I pay my way and entitled to have an opinion and serious concerns about the way BV is being run. The points I make whether you like/agree or not are based on facts. Let’s now get back on thread. 

1 hour ago, Speedtiger said:

...wrong again ouch, I’m a BV season ticket holder and have been for many seasons. I pay my way and entitled to have an opinion and serious concerns about the way BV is being run. The points I make whether you like/agree or not are based on facts. Let’s now get back on thread. 

Ha ha ha ha.:nono:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

As usual you have missed the point. If the crowds are poor, which they are and BV are losing hundreds of thousands of pounds every season, which they are, then they must have tons of cash to burn. FACT. 

:o :D:party:

• Like 1

Cook has had a few differences of opinion with promotions, as well as sponsors and as far as I can see, they all relate to money.  What I take from this is that he expects too much - other riders don't seem to have the same issues.  With a balance sheet your expenditure and income need to 'balance' for you to make it work, the same as for any club.  I'd suggest one of the main reasons a lot of the clubs have folded is because they've paid out too much to riders that hasn't been recouped from sponsors/fans e.g. Buxton.

Edited by SPEEDY69

17 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

they owe hundreds of thousands of pounds idiot.

So if they owe hundreds of thousands of pounds, who is the financial backer and how large are they likely to permit the debts to total before cutting off the finance needed to operate? I am not having a go at how BV or the NSS operate but it sounds dangerously unstable. Are they banking on a UK speedway revival? I just can't see that happening.

4 hours ago, ouch said:

I don't want to ignore him.  I think his inane, bitter rambling, and ability to get everything completely wrong, is hilarious.     And that's a FACT (probably).

Anyway, I'm off to hand in my resignation at work.  Once I have no money coming in, and the mortgage, council tax, gas, electric, etc start to build up into thousands, that will mean I have money to burn.   FACT. (I assume).

p.s. Isn't this thread supposed to be about  "Craig Cook ; What next?"    The poor sod's been left out of every Premiership team in the country and forgotten, now he's being left out and forgotten from his own thread!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2