British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hamish McRaker

Craig Cook: what next?

Cook can't ride for any of Busters teams. Same rule for all 21 riders. Cook said he would drop he's sponsors if Buster made up the short fall.. Loyal bloke :)

On 4/14/2019 at 7:58 PM, poolebolton said:

You have Batch. Big chance that someone comes in. Always seems to be hurt. And just think he is a prime candidate to come in for him. 

Batchelor has done a very good job for Rossiter and the  Robins over the years and he actually is riding pretty consistently.He actually could still do even better he certainly has the ability he won't be going anywhere any time soon.

1 hour ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Interesting to read what his FORMER sponsor felt they had to release on twitter this morning.   

What was written?

20 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

What was written?

Time to publically state that after years of sponsorship of Craig Cook (speedway rider), sponsorship ended in February 2019. On 16/4/19 all rights to use the CFS trade mark by Mr Cook which may mislead one to think we still sponsor were withdrawn. All links with CFS are ended

I spoken to Craig albeit briefly on a couple of occasions, once at a track, once in Cardiff city centre. I think he is quite a shy person which can get mistaken for arrogance.

I also think he is nieve at times, he tends to go on little tangents about things, and often echoing the majority (although silently held) of peoples opinions. Where he is Nieve is that there is no solidarity in speedway between riders. They see a mate get shafted somewhere but never stand by thier pals for fear of losing a potential future employer themselves.

Until riders all stick together what ever wrongs befall them, anyone speaking out, no matter how truthful they are will come across as a baby, a sulker, or hardwork.

Craig needs a season out the limelight, with no unwanted media attention. Just plug away banging in scores and rebuilding that on track reputation. With a view to having a serious crack at Sweden and Poland next year.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 6:56 AM, Bagpuss said:

Highly unlikely he’ll be picked for the SoN I’d suggest. Depends on who else is in what kind of form though of course. 

Oops 

Just now, SharpenRake said:

Oops 

Oops indeed. Can’t believe he has got in ahead of Bewley but will be delighted if he proves me wrong and scores hatfuls. 

14 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Time to publically state that after years of sponsorship of Craig Cook (speedway rider), sponsorship ended in February 2019. On 16/4/19 all rights to use the CFS trade mark by Mr Cook which may mislead one to think we still sponsor were withdrawn. All links with CFS are ended

Is it just a coincidence that this appears on the day that CFS sponsored Swindon were going to use Craig Cook as a guest?

Just as well that the weather forecast has put paid to that idea....

• Like 1

CFS come across as a pair of idiots and are about as professional as their WordArt logo.  The stuff they post on Twitter is truly embarrassing. Craig is well shot of them

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Marksman said:

CFS come across as a pair of idiots and are about as professional as their WordArt logo.  The stuff they post on Twitter is truly embarrassing. Craig is well shot of them

APART from the money of course. We may never know the full story behind the divorce of Craig and CFS but previously it had seemed a perfect marriage. 

43 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

APART from the money of course. We may never know the full story behind the divorce of Craig and CFS but previously it had seemed a perfect marriage. 

I’m reliably told by a mate who works at BV that CFS paid Cook a massive £30,000 a year and he didn’t show the right level of appreciation of the sponsorship and connection with CFS so they understandably pulled out. With what went on pre-season at BV and then Peterborough it seems that Cook is a bit stupid when it comes to the business side of things. He may now realise how hard it is getting that amount of sponsorship, when it’s to late. Maybe it’s CFS that are well shot of him? 

1 hour ago, Speedtiger said:

I’m reliably told by a mate who works at BV that CFS paid Cook a massive £30,000 a year and he didn’t show the right level of appreciation of the sponsorship and connection with CFS so they understandably pulled out. With what went on pre-season at BV and then Peterborough it seems that Cook is a bit stupid when it comes to the business side of things. He may now realise how hard it is getting that amount of sponsorship, when it’s to late. Maybe it’s CFS that are well shot of him? 

If Craig Cook was given £30K in sponsorship, he should have been bending over backwards to ensure CFS received value for money. Sponsorship is a two-way street.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

I spoken to Craig albeit briefly on a couple of occasions, once at a track, once in Cardiff city centre. I think he is quite a shy person which can get mistaken for arrogance.

I also think he is nieve at times, he tends to go on little tangents about things, and often echoing the majority (although silently held) of peoples opinions. Where he is Nieve is that there is no solidarity in speedway between riders. They see a mate get shafted somewhere but never stand by thier pals for fear of losing a potential future employer themselves.

Until riders all stick together what ever wrongs befall them, anyone speaking out, no matter how truthful they are will come across as a baby, a sulker, or hardwork.

Craig needs a season out the limelight, with no unwanted media attention. Just plug away banging in scores and rebuilding that on track reputation. With a view to having a serious crack at Sweden and Poland next year.

He needs to do that in the Prem, i doubt big scores in a watered down Champs lge will turn any heads abroad ...