Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hamish McRaker

Craig Cook: what next?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Speedtiger said:

I’m reliably told by a mate who works at BV that CFS paid Cook a massive £30,000 a year and he didn’t show the right level of appreciation of the sponsorship and connection with CFS so they understandably pulled out. With what went on pre-season at BV and then Peterborough it seems that Cook is a bit stupid when it comes to the business side of things. He may now realise how hard it is getting that amount of sponsorship, when it’s to late. Maybe it’s CFS that are well shot of him? 

Had heard that too. Was somewhat surprised given the time and effort that Cook and those behind the scenes take in looking after fans and the work put into his testimonial at Glasgow. Craig is a complex character and quite obviously can be his own worst enemy which is a shame because on his day he can be an invaluable asset. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Had heard that too. Was somewhat surprised given the time and effort that Cook and those behind the scenes take in looking after fans and the work put into his testimonial at Glasgow. Craig is a complex character and quite obviously can be his own worst enemy which is a shame because on his day he can be an invaluable asset. 

Think that is probably as fair of an assessment as you could get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its well documented that craig has mental health issues, I truly hope his current problems dont lead to further issues.

With only having a championship club as is only income and losing a massive sponsorship deal surely he must be losing a huge amount of money this season

With a young family, and mechanics and bikes to pay for he desperately needs a premiership berth, seem to remember last season when bomber lost his premiership berth when rye house closed down said he couldn't make the championship pay, fortunately poole signed him up, craig really needs a lift hopefully he will get a premiership slot in the not to distant future

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, DBP said:

Its well documented that craig has mental health issues, I truly hope his current problems dont lead to further issues.

With only having a championship club as is only income and losing a massive sponsorship deal surely he must be losing a huge amount of money this season

With a young family, and mechanics and bikes to pay for he desperately needs a premiership berth, seem to remember last season when bomber lost his premiership berth when rye house closed down said he couldn't make the championship pay, fortunately poole signed him up, craig really needs a lift hopefully he will get a premiership slot in the not to distant future

Agreed but he must take responsibility for the situation he has put himself in and look after his family and career. As Phil said he is his own worst enemy and he’s not showing maturity, he needs to sort himself out or he will have to face the consequences. He has had some very good people helping him over the past few seasons and they, like CFS, have walked out on him because of his bad attitude. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm pleased that the Judge and jury are leaving everyone else alone and are focused on Craig with so many ill informed and frankly appalling opinions.

I've fallen out with him and his father on more than one occasion but mutual respect and civility remains.  As far as this forum is concerned everyone can agree to disagree quite amicably at times but on this occasion I honestly feel that this topic is showing utter disrespect not only for the person but for his alleged issues and that is the absolute pits.

Edited by Byker Biker
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

I'm pleased that the Judge and jury are leaving everyone else alone and are focused on Craig with so many ill informed and frankly appalling opinions.

I've fallen out with him and his father on more than one occasion but mutual respect and civility remains.  As far as this forum is concerned everyone can agree to disagree quite amicably at times but on this occasion I honestly feel that this topic is showing utter disrespect not only for the person but for his alleged issues and that is the absolute pits.

That so many people have a low opinion of him tells me something though.He is his own worst enemy IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

I'm pleased that the Judge and jury are leaving everyone else alone and are focused on Craig with so many ill informed and frankly appalling opinions.

I've fallen out with him and his father on more than one occasion but mutual respect and civility remains.  As far as this forum is concerned everyone can agree to disagree quite amicably at times but on this occasion I honestly feel that this topic is showing utter disrespect not only for the person but for his alleged issues and that is the absolute pits.

The opinion police are out . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a story in the Daily Star of Craig Cook with 2 photos. Obviously previous years as he has CFS on his bike cover & he is folding his arms, as riders do, to show off their sponsors names. Oops!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at the CFS web site..... wording at the bottom includes:-

Complete Filtration Solutions decided, for the 2018 season we will continue to sponsor Craig Cook who is the British Champion and support his year at the highest level in the GP circuit. Craig is born and bred British having lived in Cumbria all his life CFS has helped him trough the qualification stages to the top of the game. World Champion would be nice, but is now a real possibility. Craig will ride for Belle Vue as well. We also sponsor Kyle Newman, Adam Ellis and Dan Bewley as well as Swindon Speedway. Watch on BT sport for CFS on the front of the bikes and that is us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

There is a story in the Daily Star of Craig Cook with 2 photos. Obviously previous years as he has CFS on his bike cover & he is folding his arms, as riders do, to show off their sponsors names. Oops!

He’s still got his Aces suit on oops. 

Seriously though the picture with the cap is the kind of exposure Craig provides or wants to provide.

I thought the video from the Panther press day where the team were quickly ordered to remove their personal sponsor caps in favour of Busters was grim. :(

Edited by ouch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I posted (OOPS!) as it has CFS on the pictures who have recently said have nothing to do with Cookie. The Daily Star could/should have used 2019 photos from Glasgow as he is, also, not with the Aces.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

I posted (OOPS!) as it has CFS on the pictures who have recently said have nothing to do with Cookie. The Daily Star could/should have used 2019 photos from Glasgow as he is, also, not with the Aces.

Not if they didn't have a 2019 in stock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Not if they didn't have a 2019 in stock

If your writing an article about someone you d think to of ask them for an up to date photo. 

Equally you would think Craig would want to keep his current sponsors happy . Imagine you pumped a few grand into a rider who then got a couple of pictures in the national press, only to find your logo nowhere to be seen. But companies who have not paid anything this get national exposure.

That all said The Daily Star sponsoring Team GB should hopefully mean we may get a few more inches coverage a bit more often...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy