British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Leicester vs Scunthorpe CS 06/04/19

Looks like nobody can muster up the enthusiasm to even start a thread on this one let alone to actually go.

So... erm... 

er.... nope I've got nothing

Oh... I've got something... Who's Jedd List? I've never heard of him

54 minutes ago, iainb said:

Oh... I've got something... Who's Jedd List? I've never heard of him

Ausie young gun with balls of steel

Just now, Spiderman1 said:

will the machine examiner be looking at them? I may go along and check them out then :rofl:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Spiderman1 said:

We've got a few over there this year.    Lidsey, List, Kennedy, Josh McPherson.

Despite Theresa May's visas, you can't keep 'em out!

12 minutes ago, Uluru said:

We've got a few over there this year.    Lidsey, List, Kennedy, Josh McPherson.

Despite Theresa May's visas, you can't keep 'em out!

I`m quite looking forward to how Keynan Rew gets on in Poland this season.(Leszno and Rawicz)

A really good meeting  . Some good team riding & passing in most races. 

Seems Stewart has managed to get some consistency in the surface, I fear for Scunthorpe on the road they have a very long tail end. 

Only downside from tonight is i didn’t  have the courage to ask the attractive young female Scunthorpe fan in the Grey hat on bend 1 for her number :-(

Edited by Lenny Lion
  • Haha 2

Guest WTF1

I was that Scunthorpe fan on the 1st bend in the grey hat,  chase me big boy Lol! 

Edited by WTF1

Just shows matches don't have to be 46-44 to have good racing. In spite of the big scoreline there was plenty of passing tonight, but I am still hoping some other teams put up a better performance than the last two as it's quite boring winning by such large amounts. Quite surprising so far but the biggest and most unexpected tonight was the firework just when  Lucy was settling down for her nap. :o

Hope Jake Allen is okay after his nasty crash. 

Edited by Gemini

One question I have to ask after reading Dave Peet's comments on the Scorpions site

“Leicester haven’t been in our league for a while, so some of the lads had not ridden it before, and we spent most of the meeting trying to get dialled in, while the track was a bit grippy early on.

“In the end, it became a stepping stone for our league meeting here later in the season. Next year we come back, we’ll be dialled in.”

Which guys haven't seen the track before? Auty and Garrity rode for them. Allen rode in top flight last year so will have been to Leicester. Coventry rode their NL fixtures there so Bailey and Kinsley will have rode for Mildenhall and List rode in the ben fund a couple of weeks back.

Got to wonder if he does actually have a clue

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Guest WTF1
21 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

One question I have to ask after reading Dave Peet's comments on the Scorpions site

“Leicester haven’t been in our league for a while, so some of the lads had not ridden it before, and we spent most of the meeting trying to get dialled in, while the track was a bit grippy early on.

“In the end, it became a stepping stone for our league meeting here later in the season. Next year we come back, we’ll be dialled in.”

Which guys haven't seen the track before? Auty and Garrity rode for them. Allen rode in top flight last year so will have been to Leicester. Coventry rode their NL fixtures there so Bailey and Kinsley will have rode for Mildenhall and List rode in the ben fund a couple of weeks back.

He hasn't got a clue, Scunny have never done well since he has been team manager,  needs somebody with a bit more get up and go. 

1 minute ago, HerniaWise said:

He hasn't got a clue, Scunny have never done well since he has been team manager,  needs somebody with a bit more get up and go. 

Was awful at Hull as a team manager and didn't do much better at Berwick either.

I've now looked it up Bailey was injured so didn't ride at Leicester but Kinsley did. 

It's been a couple of years since Nielsen rode there too. So the ones who haven't rode there recently were actually the ones from Scunthorpe (Nielsen and Bailey) who did their job

6 hours ago, Gemini said:

Just shows matches don't have to be 46-44 to have good racing. In spite of the big scoreline there was plenty of passing tonight, but I am still hoping some other teams put up a better performance than the last two as it's quite boring winning by such large amounts. Quite surprising so far but the biggest and most unexpected tonight was the firework just when  Lucy was settling down for her nap. :o

Hope Jake Allen is okay after his nasty crash. 

I think most Leicester fans will/would ‘put up with’ and actually love a season of easy home wins with good racing like last night, after 8 years of near bottom of the league stuff :-)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Answer is no

• Like 1

3 hours ago, peckover said:

I think most Leicester fans will/would ‘put up with’ and actually love a season of easy home wins with good racing like last night, after 8 years of near bottom of the league stuff :-)

Yes you're right and as long as there is some good racing as well I agree.  Just hoping the opposition heat leaders put up more of a fight than they have lately. 

• Like 1