British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe v Edinburgh 14.04.2019 KOC

Guest WTF1

Didn't think there was a thread for this meeting,  not much interest,  should be another close meeting,  be interesting to see how Danny Ayres goes although must be better than our last Danny and that's not cockney rhyming slang, strangely the 2nd leg is not until June 14th

Edinburgh only agreed to this Sunday and a Sunday in August for their fixtures at the EWR. A meeting I think the Scorpions should win fairly comfortably... 52-38 scunny win

From what I have heard, Edinburgh, being the senior Friday night team, were not prepared to give up a Friday later in the season so we fitted it in as & when we could with the dates available on a Sunday not following a Stock car meeting. With Edinburgh only having a meeting last night, we might catch them cold but hoping for a 20-25 point win. It will take some doing with it being Danny's first meeting but hoping the reserves kick on from last week. A 15 point haul from our bottom 3 would be ideal.

SD posted as I was typing. 14 points might not be enough!

Hopefully we can keep it reasonably close, will take about a 14 point defeat, should be able to turn that around at home.

Guest WTF1
2 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Comfortable victory for the blue and gold. Done and dusted by ht10. 

Do you know the final score then I can stay at home in the warm and save my money lol. 

24 minutes ago, Youhave2minutes said:

Do you know the final score then I can stay at home in the warm and save my money lol. 

Judging at the recent attendances at the EWR most people do stay at home.

Despite the optimistic propaganda appearing on the Monarchs website, on the basis of the poor performance of four of the Monarchs team on Friday, imo, the Monarchs will get thrashed by 20+ today at the EWR.

Unless Wells suddenly gets in the groove and Andersson recovers from being "unwell" on Friday :rolleyes:, it may well be Pickering & Heeps who will provide the main scoring for the Monarchs.

Given Sedgmen had a couple of meetings already under his belt before Friday, he looks like a rider who is on a downward spiral.

Re Lawson,  it appears he has not made any significant investment in upgrading his uncompetitive 2018 kit, which was evident on Friday as he continued to lose ground to others on the straights. Given his father also is still mechanicing for him,   I doubt if he is really treating riding  Speedway seriously :sad: 

Guest WTF1
8 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Judging at the recent attendances at the EWR most people do stay at home.

Doesn't help when Sheffield are racing away as today they are at Newcastle,  alot of their supporters come down to Scunny to watch decent racing. 

22 minutes ago, cyclone said:

Despite the optimistic propaganda appearing on the Monarchs website, on the basis of the poor performance of four of the Monarchs team on Friday, imo, the Monarchs will get thrashed by 20+ today at the EWR.

Unless Wells suddenly gets in the groove and Andersson recovers from being "unwell" on Friday :rolleyes:, it may well be Pickering & Heeps who will provide the main scoring for the Monarchs.

Given Sedgmen had a couple of meetings already under his belt before Friday, he looks like a rider who is on a downward spiral.

Re Lawson,  it appears he has not made any significant investment in upgrading his uncompetitive 2018 kit, which was evident on Friday as he continued to lose ground to others on the straights. Given his father also is still mechanicing for him,   I doubt if he is really treating riding  Speedway seriously :sad: 

A more realistic assessment of the situation,watched the podcast on website and everything will be fine after a couple of weeks,Aye Right maybe after some Team Changes.:rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, Youhave2minutes said:

Doesn't help when Sheffield are racing away as today they are at Newcastle,  alot of their supporters come down to Scunny to watch decent racing. 

Worth going just to watch Pickering.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, cyclone said:

And there we have the problem. :o

• Haha 1

As it turned out, way too pessimistic. Much improved Edinburgh performance, very good meeting and two thrilling rides to finish with by William Lawson.