British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe v Edinburgh 14.04.2019 KOC

I know it was cold but no track grading cost Scunny points, the dirt had gone too wide by about heat 10 and then it became a ride the white line track. With the riders Scunny have there should always be a wide line.

• Like 1

Some decent action, racing got better as the meeting progressed.

Good win for Scunny but fear the margin of victory could be 20 points short.

Well done to the all the riders and referee for swiftly getting on with the meeting … bitterly cold afternoon, meeting done and dusted in hour and 10 minutes.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, eric i said:

I know it was cold but no track grading cost Scunny points, the dirt had gone too wide by about heat 10 and then it became a ride the white line track. With the riders Scunny have there should always be a wide line.

this early in the season with the  cold still in the base tracks are usually slick till they warm up in may. good score for edinburgh now to get job done in the return.

Edited by Dekker

Good result for us wasn’t expecting to get as much as 41 tbh. Especially with some of the boys still under performing.

Good meeting, quite enjoyed it... From a scunny prespective, dont think 8 points is enough, but who knows in Speedway!! Some good racing from both teams on a bloody freezing afternoon so thanks to the Ref and riders for getting it over and done with relatively quickly

Guest WTF1

After the first 4 heats this meeting came to life and there was some close and exciting racing,  gate 4 was atrocious this afternoon as was riding the wide open spaces as Jake Allen found out in heat 13, Danny Ayres rode well for paid 7 and was unlucky not to score more in the blanket finish heat 14 but congratulations to William Lawson for holding on to 2nd place in an excellent race. 

Decent meeting and a fair result.the home win was never really in doubt the the visitors battled away to keep the meeting close,and have to be favourites to progress through to the next round

some entertaining racing and good effort from both sides,again track prepped smoth and consistant

done and dusted quickly ,which was good as that dam east wind had a bite to it

big bonus-------never saw a tractor all night  Perfect!

• Like 1

All on a prepared, fair racing surface allowing both teams to have ago without much difficulties making the entertainment more enjoyable. A fair result but it will not be enough for the Scorpions to progress to the next round.

The racing was average at best by Scunthorpe standards, track should be have been prepared for the home riders. All the Scunthorpe riders apart from Bailey love to race the outside line, Edinburgh only had Heeps and Pickering that were really prepared to stick it on the outside.

Rob needs to start watering the track now to get it soaked in for Friday's afternoon derby match. No real rain in the area for weeks, just a numbingly cold dry wind. The riders in the after match meet up said no point grading it as it just takes even more moisture out.

• Like 1

I usually expect something a bit special at Scunny and this was merely good - especially Allen's brilliant pass of Wells in heat 11. Big credit to Rob Godfrey - and referee Phil Griffin - racing through the meeting on a freezing cold day.

Nielsen & Auty impressive for the Scorpions and Kinsley deserved a lot more for some big efforts without reward. Heeps was also impressive but slightly disappointed with Pickering as he is usually brilliant to watch at EWR - I don't think the somewhat slicker track conditions suited him. 

This would have just dampened the top surface making the inner lines greasy & slippery with not enough getting into the surface.(Unsure if you wanted the big bowser tank spraying the full width of the track or the sprinkler which would have dampened the outside only, keeping the dust down, which was apparent from around heat 11-12). Maybe it was one of those days when you could not get the track how we wanted it.

Thought the racing was decent enough - especially from Heat 9 onwards.  Not the complete classic of the previous week, but still plenty of good racing.  By my reckoning, Josh Auty gated on 3+1 but scored 13+1, plus there was Jake snatching Heat 11 at the death, while the proverbial blanket could be thrown over three and four riders respectively in Heats 12 and 14. The later race had a thrilling conclusion, even if it didn't go Scunny's way.

Believe me, the meeting was around 10 times better than the bore-fest that I witnessed at Leicester eight days previously.

I was also grateful that the whole meeting at Scunny was completed in 70 minutes - the wind was freezing.  Track grading would have had a negative effect on the racing, and also you can't keep people hanging around when it's that cold - you have to consider the spectators.

Edited by lucifer sam